Skip to main content

Skiing with the coach

On Thursday I went skiing with Tony, and man was that tiring! The first lap we skied with Al and he is such a liar! He said he'd only ski with us if I promised to go slow, and then he goes at a crazy fast pace! That first lap was just terrible! He only skied that one lap with us, because after that he reached his goal for the day of 2 1/2 hours.I can't wait for the day that I'm able ski at that speed for that long. After he left Tony and I did about 15k. For the most part we just skied, though we stopped a couple of times to work on my technique or discuss ways to be a more efficient skier. I enjoyed it, I like it when I get one on one time with one of the coaches. It gives me a chance to improve upon my skiing, and who wouldn't want to become a better skier if given the chance? The best part is that I hadn't used my inhaler and i was feeling great! Boo-yeah! I love skiing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

blame it on the warm weather

So on Thursday my friend Holly brought her project for art to ski practise (its a paer mache barbie) and put it by one of the walls because even though seasons just about over we're still decorating the girls side..So yesterday(which was fri) Im 30 min. late for practice (moms) and everyone else is out skiing and i walk into the room and the barbie's moved and scared the sh!t out of me. By the time I get back people are already coming back to the stadium to do sprints so I go do a quick warm up and stuff. I come back and everyone is in spandex and t-shirts. Well the spandex isnt surprising we girls do that all the time but the t shirts wow. I would've taken my jacket off but I ski in  t-shirt so I kept it on.  We splitt in to two teams and start. For those who dontt know what a sprint realy is it's basically a 100-200 yard dash in relay form on skis. It was really fun and one of the times we were in the lead Jirka (j=y) did this weird jumping thing where he just like...

UB Saturday

Today there was Upward Bound. We had TRiO day, which means that we visited BSU and took some sessions about college or preparing for college or careers, and partook in a college fair. This is how my day started. I woke up at 7:30  because Jake texted me good morning. The bus leaves the college at 8, I leave two miles away, my mom's at work and I'm still in my clothes from the day before with messy hair and craving a shower. 5 minutes later Jake is at my door. How'd I get ready in less than 5 minutes? I changed shirts, tossed a hoody over it, put my hair in a bun, and brushed my teeth at I found socks and packed  I wound up leaving a bunch of stuff at home, but I had my ipod which is all that really mattered. Bailey was there and so we sat together. She got to meet Colton and he complimented her on being chesty. I told him that I was the only one allowed to compliment her chest and Tim reprimanded him. Kinda. The guest speaker was funny and I liked the way he tie...

JNQ at Mt. Itasca

Yes, I did another JNQ race, and this time it was at home. The day before the race I had a high school one. It was our first (and only) pursuit of the season and man was it a sad one. Most of the time either couldn't make it or was sick. Maggie showed up and wound up just going home. The two of us went out to do a warm up/see the course ski and after the first hill she was dying. That weekend she had an uber high fever and was just sick. I went and did the first race and just had to puke the entire time. Afterwards I did wind up puking a couple of times, and decided that I just shouldn't do the second race. Even though I was sick Friday I still decided to race on Saturday.I did the women's 5k and think I did decently. It was a tough course, well mostly it was just a tough beginning. This is what we did; the right horseshoe into the swamp loop, up the switch back climbed all the way up the way, did a loop up top, went down part of bunny hill connected to the service road,...