Skip to main content

I MADE STATE!...

...and then i lost it. *hangs head and cries*
The day started out pretty good. Except for the fact that the shower broke, and when I tried to wash my hair in the kitchen sink I discovered that the sink was also broken. As I attempted to figure out how to get the shampoo/conditioner out of my hair time slipped away.By the time my ride came I had just barely managed to be ready. That really just means I managed to do my hair and get dressed, and make a lunch. My bag was already packed and so was most of my food. I wound up eating breakfast on the bus and breakfast was a bag of dorritos. -_- After that things got better, I went to sleep, woke up at Gaints Ridge. We had just about the entire chalet to ourselves (though we all crowded together anyways) and had a good time just relaxing and mentally preparing for race one. The first race was skate, and the course was all hills. Up and down, with the ups being just gross. I started out pretty good, but halfway through started to feel tired, and then pushed in through it. Skate? Uphill? I got this. This is my thing. I was 15th at the end of that race. Which is way better than I had thought I did, and I think if I had pushed myself harder that I could've maybe made it a 14th place. Well the girl in front of me was 10 seconds ahead of me, so the thought me catching her is almost a possibility. Tony, my couch, told me that to make state all I had to do was pass one person and not let anyone pass me. With that knowledge in my head, I  tried to forget it. I didn't want to go into the race assuming that I would make it, so instead I put my legs in the ait (putting them above your heart helps with lactate acid) and took a nap. I woke up, stretched some more, drank some gatorade, ate a gronola bar, changed back into my race clothes and tested wax. Classic. Apperently classic is my stronger style, or at least that's what everyone else says. I personally think that skate is my batter style, but I guess not. The trail was 3k uphill , 2k down. Once again I felt good in the begining, and I even passed three people. THREE! Then my wax stuck. Literally. I'm such an idiot, I didn't check my glide enough and paid for it. So about 2K in, I died. Right in front of Vlad and Marky, And got passed in front of them. I wound up missing state by 8 seconds. I started crying as soon as I passed the finish line. I never gave up during the race though. I did cry alot that day. I don't mean to sound rude or ungrateflul right about now, but; I got seriously sick of everybody saying that I'm just a sophmore.
The next day as soon as I got to practice, I was ready to go. I started skiing right away. The plan for the day was just to ski 5k easy. I wound up following Marky's tracks up around the bottom loop and up the wall. I wound up at the top and just stayed up there. I skied 11 big loops, at a prettty good speed. I realized it was more of a punishment ski than a work out. Then i went down and finished the bottom loop.Then that night after the dance (homecoming) I soaked Jake's shirt, crying about state. He's good person. He just held me and told me to sleep (I was also really  tired)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BSU Meet Two

Well yesterdays meet was pretty interesting. For starters there were 29 schools crammed into one small building. That was horrible, it got very hot and very crowded fast. The best part was that my friend Maggie was there! Which also means that Colton was there. That was so awkward. Just an FYI this post is about the social aspects that went on during the meet and not so much the actual meet stuff. I'll start with Colton because the rest of it is just weird ... Anyways, Colton was there. I tried to avoid him as best as I could but due to the fact that he long jumps, or maybe it was triple jump I wasn't really paying attention, and that our camp was right next to the pits I saw a lot of him. Also I hung out at Maggie's team's camp and he's on her team. Turns out she doesn't have that high of an opinion of him either. It was really creepy because he kept looking at me, like every chance he got! Then he comes up tp me and accuses me of stalking him! Maggie and I w

JNQ at Mt. Itasca

Yes, I did another JNQ race, and this time it was at home. The day before the race I had a high school one. It was our first (and only) pursuit of the season and man was it a sad one. Most of the time either couldn't make it or was sick. Maggie showed up and wound up just going home. The two of us went out to do a warm up/see the course ski and after the first hill she was dying. That weekend she had an uber high fever and was just sick. I went and did the first race and just had to puke the entire time. Afterwards I did wind up puking a couple of times, and decided that I just shouldn't do the second race. Even though I was sick Friday I still decided to race on Saturday.I did the women's 5k and think I did decently. It was a tough course, well mostly it was just a tough beginning. This is what we did; the right horseshoe into the swamp loop, up the switch back climbed all the way up the way, did a loop up top, went down part of bunny hill connected to the service road,

First distance run in awhile...

KJ was gone today because of the Elite meet, and so he left us with a workout and put Amber in charge. Amber is a student at the college studying to become a physical educator  She's almost, but not quite, an assistant sprinting coach.  Some pictures from the Elite meet. Courtesy of KJ: The workout was just 4 laps with 100 yrd sprints on the straightaways, 10 100s with 40 second rests between. The weight room was locked and since Amber isn't an official coach she doesn't have a key and we couldn't workout. I don't think anyone was sad. That was the earliest the girls sprint team has ever finished. Usually we're the last ones there, because KJ just talks and talks. I decided that since I haven't really been training for the half-marathon well at all since track started that I should probably go for a run. Start gathering some miles up. WORST IDEA EVER, actually that's a lie. I've had worst ones. Like working out with Nick. I