Skip to main content

Chiarlift Wednesday, Creepy Thursday

On Chairlift Wednesday we had the Charley Banks State Relays, nothing really special there. My team took 4th. I went out first using classic technique, Ingrid went out next also using classic, then Maggie went out skating, and lastly Madison also skating. The boys team didn't do so well. I believe that they took 15th or somewhere near there. I'll put a link down below to the results posting. The most exciting thing about the races was that afterwards I realized that I hadn't put my brace on. I was really happy though, because I saw my friend Everett! Side note: He loves, I mean loves, Cher and instead of calling him Everett I refer to him as Cher. I met him in West Yellow Stone and since none of my friends went (they don't ski) they've only heard of him and don't even know his real name because I'm always referring to him as Cher. I had a good time hanging out with him and his team. They're all nice and very funny! I laughed so much that day! I bet you're wondering what any of this has to do with a chairlift. Come on be honest, am I right or am I right? I'm going to pretend that you said yes and tell you. See as to the fact that State Relays were held at Gaints Ridge and that we had ski passes on our jackets, we decided to ski down the mountain. I had my classic skis/boots on and didn't want to go down without ankle support, so I ran back to the bus where I remember that I hadn't brought my skate boots. I got lucky though, because Oskari had just gotten on the bus and he let me borrow his huge skate boots. When I got back everyone else had left already and there wasn't enough time to go up before awards. On the bright side Hans had waited for me. We waited for awards, to which the girls barely made it to in time, I was literally walking up to get the medals when they came down the last stretch of the hill and slid into place. Right after we got our medals and posed for pictures me and Hans left. This was my first time on a chairlift which for some reason just amazed everyone! I don't get it! I forgot that I'm afraid of heights until we were in the air. It was so bad! Then Hans was reaching for the trees trying to touch the stuff that people had tossed up there and I'm clinging to the sides of the chair hyperventilating convinced that we were about to fall to our deaths. Oh, did I mention that there wasn't a safety bar or anything at all going across you to hold you in? Then I was convinced that one of my skis would fall off and I'd be stuck at the top with no way down. None of that happened, we made it to the top without accident. Going down was horrifying and just amazing at the same time! We got so much speed, and there were those spots where you can't see down, like there's a lip or something blocking your view making it so that you have no idea whats coming up next. I wonder what people thought watching us go down. Hans weaving between the trees in the woods and hitting every jump he could (and we still had our cross country skis on too!) and then there's me. I was just a sad sight, that's all I'm going to say about that. I really enjoyed hanging out with Hans, he's a good guy.
Creepy Thursday I went to watch the State meet, you know to see what it's like. I think that it was during the girls race that this guy came up to me. Me and my coach were standing about 100 yards from the start so that we could watch the racers and discuss technique and what not. So this guy comes up behind me and taps me on the shoulder. Right away it's just weird  the fact that he's like thirty and had an aura that just screams "RUN AWAY!". He tells me that he collects Nordic hats and asked if he could take a picture of mine. Once again this is wrong, I'm wearing a Kermit hat and is not a Nordic hat, plus why would he want a picture? I keep looking at Tony for help because this guy is just creeping me out, bu Tony just looks away smiling and acts like he doesn't know me! I went to take off my hat (I didn't want to be in the picture!), but the guy told me that I had to be in it! Why?! Tony's still looking away and not helping me out! I didn't see any way out without being rude for no apparent reason, and had to consent. Before he could take the picture I pulled up my buff and pulled down my hat, so that all you could see were my eyes. He took a couple and then left and I was so creeped out. So now some stranger has pictures of me.

State Relay results: http://www.boreal.org/~durfee/cb_relays_results_2_13_13.pdf

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

blame it on the warm weather

So on Thursday my friend Holly brought her project for art to ski practise (its a paer mache barbie) and put it by one of the walls because even though seasons just about over we're still decorating the girls side..So yesterday(which was fri) Im 30 min. late for practice (moms) and everyone else is out skiing and i walk into the room and the barbie's moved and scared the sh!t out of me. By the time I get back people are already coming back to the stadium to do sprints so I go do a quick warm up and stuff. I come back and everyone is in spandex and t-shirts. Well the spandex isnt surprising we girls do that all the time but the t shirts wow. I would've taken my jacket off but I ski in  t-shirt so I kept it on.  We splitt in to two teams and start. For those who dontt know what a sprint realy is it's basically a 100-200 yard dash in relay form on skis. It was really fun and one of the times we were in the lead Jirka (j=y) did this weird jumping thing where he just like...

UB Saturday

Today there was Upward Bound. We had TRiO day, which means that we visited BSU and took some sessions about college or preparing for college or careers, and partook in a college fair. This is how my day started. I woke up at 7:30  because Jake texted me good morning. The bus leaves the college at 8, I leave two miles away, my mom's at work and I'm still in my clothes from the day before with messy hair and craving a shower. 5 minutes later Jake is at my door. How'd I get ready in less than 5 minutes? I changed shirts, tossed a hoody over it, put my hair in a bun, and brushed my teeth at I found socks and packed  I wound up leaving a bunch of stuff at home, but I had my ipod which is all that really mattered. Bailey was there and so we sat together. She got to meet Colton and he complimented her on being chesty. I told him that I was the only one allowed to compliment her chest and Tim reprimanded him. Kinda. The guest speaker was funny and I liked the way he tie...

JNQ at Mt. Itasca

Yes, I did another JNQ race, and this time it was at home. The day before the race I had a high school one. It was our first (and only) pursuit of the season and man was it a sad one. Most of the time either couldn't make it or was sick. Maggie showed up and wound up just going home. The two of us went out to do a warm up/see the course ski and after the first hill she was dying. That weekend she had an uber high fever and was just sick. I went and did the first race and just had to puke the entire time. Afterwards I did wind up puking a couple of times, and decided that I just shouldn't do the second race. Even though I was sick Friday I still decided to race on Saturday.I did the women's 5k and think I did decently. It was a tough course, well mostly it was just a tough beginning. This is what we did; the right horseshoe into the swamp loop, up the switch back climbed all the way up the way, did a loop up top, went down part of bunny hill connected to the service road,...