Skip to main content

I was deep within enemy territory...

Wednesday we (the concert and symphony bands) went to Duluth for contests. But what is contest? From what I gathered it was this; we got all dressed up in black, played our pieces, and we were judged based on our playing and what not. Now you my be wandering what this has to do with being within enemy territory. Well that's simple, they were help at the Duluth East high school. Duluth East has a huge ski team, almost always wins, and they come from a rich a school. I mean seriously they all seem to come from money. I had hung out with a couple of them in West Yellow Stone which automatically makes me an expert. It's not like they flaunt it, but at the same time they don't try to hide it. I'm friends with some of them, it's not like they're actually our (the ski team) enemy, we just call them that. If you've been part of a sports team then you know what I'm talking about. If you haven't been part of a sports and don't know what I'm talking about or if you just don't know what I'm talking about then just go with it.
Back to the topic at hand....Their school was sweet, scary, and sad at the same time. It was sweet because, well you'd just have to go there and see it yourself to know what I'm talking about. It was scary because it was enemy territory and they had these signs all over the place. It was also homecoming or something at their school, and their student  council is just crazy and went over board. They have an open cafaterira, so if you're on the next floor you can look down into the cafeteria. Their council took streamers and strung them across from one side of the open area, to the other and of course they were school colors. Then they made signs. A lot of them. Covered every where. There were some normal saying things like "Abraham Lincoln wants you to join knitting club"and "It's great to be a grey hound", but then they also had way to many signs saying "YOLO" and just random nonsense stuff. There was one that was just frightening. I can't remember what it said, but I remember it just creeping everyone out. The sad part of the school was the band room. They have no decorations, no messes, no warmth, and worst of all they have the instruments locked up in cages. Ugh, pitiful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

blame it on the warm weather

So on Thursday my friend Holly brought her project for art to ski practise (its a paer mache barbie) and put it by one of the walls because even though seasons just about over we're still decorating the girls side..So yesterday(which was fri) Im 30 min. late for practice (moms) and everyone else is out skiing and i walk into the room and the barbie's moved and scared the sh!t out of me. By the time I get back people are already coming back to the stadium to do sprints so I go do a quick warm up and stuff. I come back and everyone is in spandex and t-shirts. Well the spandex isnt surprising we girls do that all the time but the t shirts wow. I would've taken my jacket off but I ski in  t-shirt so I kept it on.  We splitt in to two teams and start. For those who dontt know what a sprint realy is it's basically a 100-200 yard dash in relay form on skis. It was really fun and one of the times we were in the lead Jirka (j=y) did this weird jumping thing where he just like...

UB Saturday

Today there was Upward Bound. We had TRiO day, which means that we visited BSU and took some sessions about college or preparing for college or careers, and partook in a college fair. This is how my day started. I woke up at 7:30  because Jake texted me good morning. The bus leaves the college at 8, I leave two miles away, my mom's at work and I'm still in my clothes from the day before with messy hair and craving a shower. 5 minutes later Jake is at my door. How'd I get ready in less than 5 minutes? I changed shirts, tossed a hoody over it, put my hair in a bun, and brushed my teeth at I found socks and packed  I wound up leaving a bunch of stuff at home, but I had my ipod which is all that really mattered. Bailey was there and so we sat together. She got to meet Colton and he complimented her on being chesty. I told him that I was the only one allowed to compliment her chest and Tim reprimanded him. Kinda. The guest speaker was funny and I liked the way he tie...

Fun?

I was invited to go to a party. By a senior. BOO-YA!! So Jake and I went. We all mat at the basketball game Side note: We won, after going into overtime and almost a second overtime! The boys  are now going on to either section finals or section quarters.  Then we all went bowling, which hurt my ankle, so that now this morning it's all in a fit. We bowled until 11pm and then went back to Sidney's house were Spencer asked Marly to prom! Aww. There was a huge banner and everything! Once things called down everyone  headed in for food, well Jake, Kali and I already had. Hehehee. How does Cathy manage to make everything taste so good? We played Dance Dance Revolution 4, messed with each other and ate food. Jake and I should never play Dance Dance. We're not the best and look awkward. The entire time I missed my "group", my close friends, the one's who know me, who I actually hang out with. I normally don't hang out with the people who were there, some of them ...