Skip to main content

Last night's dream...

Well sections are this Thursday at Gaints ridge and as you can probably guess, I'm freaking out. I am so nervous  I am on verge of making state according to my coaches (so is Maggie), and I want it so bad, I can taste it. But I gave this terrible fear of failing(actually I always have that fear, but this is something I really love, and want to excel in) and it's just adding to this great pressure to do well that I feel. Which leads me to my dream:
I'm at sections waiting for the guy to count down until it's my turn to go out. It's skate, the first race of the day, and I am ready to go. My couches have prepped me, it's skate I got this. 5...4...3...2...1...GO! I'm off, the girl who went out with me is falling behind. I'm going hard, I won't allow her to pass me. I race ahead of her. Then there's random flashes of me skiing. I've passed the finish line and am using my inhaler. I'm dieing both physically and emotionally. I'm freaking out about how I did.  Later on while resting I check out SkinnySki for results, (because for some reason SkinnySki already has the results instead of having then posted on a wall or a building) and see that I've come in 14th. I start freaking out! This is amazing! Then I realize, I can't let anyone pass me. If I do. I wont make state. Then comes the classic race, 3k uphill and 2k downhill. I have my start time memorized and I am ready. Terrified but ready. I go out, and right away my arms are killing me. I can feel that familiar burning sensation in my lungs, and know I will be paying for it. I'm gasping, the cold air like knives to my lungs (what little air manages to reach my lungs). I can feel the lactate acid building up in my body and I feel oh, so heavy. None of this matters though. I can't stop, if I do I won't make state. I make up over the top and start the trek down. Going down, the air hurts my lungs even  more, my face is frozen and my eyes are half frozen over. The speed and the sharp turns are terrifying and I barely make some of them. Some how I make it to the finish, where I burst into tears convinced that I've failed. The for some reason it takes a couple of hours for the final results to come in, and I am constantly checking skinny ski. When I've finally given up and have decided that they're not up because I did so bad they don't want to show me, Mrs. Schlauderauff shows up with the results on her phone. I took 5th place. I made it to state!!
And that was my dream last night. There were some things I think I might've forgotten but I can't remember.
SkinnySki- http://www.skinnyski.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

blame it on the warm weather

So on Thursday my friend Holly brought her project for art to ski practise (its a paer mache barbie) and put it by one of the walls because even though seasons just about over we're still decorating the girls side..So yesterday(which was fri) Im 30 min. late for practice (moms) and everyone else is out skiing and i walk into the room and the barbie's moved and scared the sh!t out of me. By the time I get back people are already coming back to the stadium to do sprints so I go do a quick warm up and stuff. I come back and everyone is in spandex and t-shirts. Well the spandex isnt surprising we girls do that all the time but the t shirts wow. I would've taken my jacket off but I ski in  t-shirt so I kept it on.  We splitt in to two teams and start. For those who dontt know what a sprint realy is it's basically a 100-200 yard dash in relay form on skis. It was really fun and one of the times we were in the lead Jirka (j=y) did this weird jumping thing where he just like...

UB Saturday

Today there was Upward Bound. We had TRiO day, which means that we visited BSU and took some sessions about college or preparing for college or careers, and partook in a college fair. This is how my day started. I woke up at 7:30  because Jake texted me good morning. The bus leaves the college at 8, I leave two miles away, my mom's at work and I'm still in my clothes from the day before with messy hair and craving a shower. 5 minutes later Jake is at my door. How'd I get ready in less than 5 minutes? I changed shirts, tossed a hoody over it, put my hair in a bun, and brushed my teeth at I found socks and packed  I wound up leaving a bunch of stuff at home, but I had my ipod which is all that really mattered. Bailey was there and so we sat together. She got to meet Colton and he complimented her on being chesty. I told him that I was the only one allowed to compliment her chest and Tim reprimanded him. Kinda. The guest speaker was funny and I liked the way he tie...

JNQ at Mt. Itasca

Yes, I did another JNQ race, and this time it was at home. The day before the race I had a high school one. It was our first (and only) pursuit of the season and man was it a sad one. Most of the time either couldn't make it or was sick. Maggie showed up and wound up just going home. The two of us went out to do a warm up/see the course ski and after the first hill she was dying. That weekend she had an uber high fever and was just sick. I went and did the first race and just had to puke the entire time. Afterwards I did wind up puking a couple of times, and decided that I just shouldn't do the second race. Even though I was sick Friday I still decided to race on Saturday.I did the women's 5k and think I did decently. It was a tough course, well mostly it was just a tough beginning. This is what we did; the right horseshoe into the swamp loop, up the switch back climbed all the way up the way, did a loop up top, went down part of bunny hill connected to the service road,...