Skip to main content

Love his music

Picture this: September 19th 2012, homecoming week at school, a bus full of sweaty and tired cross country runners pulls up outside just a boys volleyball game starts up inside, and two teenage girls get off discussing a musician that had been at the school earlier in the day when they look at one of the painted doors of the school and see that he's playing at the Reif in half an hour. That's how I stumbled upon Jacob Fannin. Truth be told, I didn't want to go, but my best friend Bailey did. Why did I not want to see him? Simple, I was mad that he hadn't been there to see the marching band. Yes, it's stupid, but when Gundy told us at practice that morning (this year we offered marching band as a class, this way we could practice every morning in edition to our regular practice) that we'd have some musician here who'd watch our show, and play some music for us. But I went, because Bailey had heard him during choir and her and Autumn loved him, and I didn't feel like going home. I sure changed my mind about him once I heard him sing, plus I found him attractive ;). 
Ever since then we have been infatuated with him. His voice is amazing, and the best part is that it's his natural voice. He doesn't edit it or anything like most "stars" these days. His songs mean something, there not about getting laid, drinking, drugs, or anything of the sort. They're about life, love and not letting things get you down or keep you down. At least  that's how I interpret them, maybe you interpret them differently. That's the beautiful thing about music, not everyone who listens to it will have the same opinion about it. Music effects everyone differently. For example: his song Bullet Proof has, at times, made me cry, and my friends haven't (well, as far as I know).Another reason I like him is that he loves what he does. How can you not like, if not respect, someone who pursues their dreams?
It turns out that it was his birthday when he came. We wished him a happy birthday. Me and Bailey went up and talked to him after wards and it was so funny, because I introduced her as my ginger best friend Bailey, and she introduced me as her black best friend Julianna. We're riot us two!
I'm currently planning out a thing for this summer where he comes and does a house concert for us. See, it started with me sending him a message to see if he's be able to come back again, and he told me he'd only be able to if he it was for the school again or a house concert. I inquired about a concert and I've been discussing it with my friends. I think we're doing it, though I told him I couldn't give him a definite answer until  Sunday (tomorrow). At this point even I don't know if it's a go, I'm waiting for everyone to get back to me on whether or not they really are in. So I guess we'll find out tomorrow!
One of the front doors of our school.
September 19, 2012

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UB Saturday

Today there was Upward Bound. We had TRiO day, which means that we visited BSU and took some sessions about college or preparing for college or careers, and partook in a college fair. This is how my day started. I woke up at 7:30  because Jake texted me good morning. The bus leaves the college at 8, I leave two miles away, my mom's at work and I'm still in my clothes from the day before with messy hair and craving a shower. 5 minutes later Jake is at my door. How'd I get ready in less than 5 minutes? I changed shirts, tossed a hoody over it, put my hair in a bun, and brushed my teeth at I found socks and packed  I wound up leaving a bunch of stuff at home, but I had my ipod which is all that really mattered. Bailey was there and so we sat together. She got to meet Colton and he complimented her on being chesty. I told him that I was the only one allowed to compliment her chest and Tim reprimanded him. Kinda. The guest speaker was funny and I liked the way he tie...

Does 2 hours count as an OD run?

Well if it does then I just did my first OD run. Btw, OD stands for Over Distance. I ran a total of 15.6 miles in 2hours 1minute and 8seconds. burned 1,467 calories, and managed not to hurt myself. Here's how it went: I started out from my house and ran along the lake to the fair grounds where I could enter the Mesabi Trail. Then I just ran along the trail for awhile in the cold, while it snowed, and was really windy. Then I decided I'd run along this branching of trail and  go to Deer River, it's only an additional 22miles I quickly lost the trail when it came out on a road and just turned around. From there I waved hi to a fisherman and his family and resumed running on the Mesabi Trail. Then I decided to follow another branch off to Gunn Park and from there run to my friend Max's. I was almost there when I realized  I was still only an hour in. So I did what anyone would do... I started running along random trails through the woods. I did come along a collapsed...

Tell me I can't

Two years ago I set an impossible goal, and while I didn't make it last year, I made it to state this year. I'm not exaggerating when I say no one thought I would ever come this far, but I set a goal and I worked hard for it. I know that to some, maybe even all, of you it doesn't seem like much. Here I am going on about making it to state and how hard it was and how rewarding it has been, when the Olympics are going on. I'm actually watching the men's slalom as I write this! But to me this is a big deal. This is my fifth year skiing, and it's been a long a road. My coaches love to remind me of how terrible I was when I first started! I mean they really have a good laugh at my expense (not that I care much, it was pretty funny). So to have come this far in what seems to me like a relatively short time, it's amazing. The reason why I'm rambling on about this is because I want to set another goal. Actually a couple of goals. What I learned is that if you...