Skip to main content

Love his music

Picture this: September 19th 2012, homecoming week at school, a bus full of sweaty and tired cross country runners pulls up outside just a boys volleyball game starts up inside, and two teenage girls get off discussing a musician that had been at the school earlier in the day when they look at one of the painted doors of the school and see that he's playing at the Reif in half an hour. That's how I stumbled upon Jacob Fannin. Truth be told, I didn't want to go, but my best friend Bailey did. Why did I not want to see him? Simple, I was mad that he hadn't been there to see the marching band. Yes, it's stupid, but when Gundy told us at practice that morning (this year we offered marching band as a class, this way we could practice every morning in edition to our regular practice) that we'd have some musician here who'd watch our show, and play some music for us. But I went, because Bailey had heard him during choir and her and Autumn loved him, and I didn't feel like going home. I sure changed my mind about him once I heard him sing, plus I found him attractive ;). 
Ever since then we have been infatuated with him. His voice is amazing, and the best part is that it's his natural voice. He doesn't edit it or anything like most "stars" these days. His songs mean something, there not about getting laid, drinking, drugs, or anything of the sort. They're about life, love and not letting things get you down or keep you down. At least  that's how I interpret them, maybe you interpret them differently. That's the beautiful thing about music, not everyone who listens to it will have the same opinion about it. Music effects everyone differently. For example: his song Bullet Proof has, at times, made me cry, and my friends haven't (well, as far as I know).Another reason I like him is that he loves what he does. How can you not like, if not respect, someone who pursues their dreams?
It turns out that it was his birthday when he came. We wished him a happy birthday. Me and Bailey went up and talked to him after wards and it was so funny, because I introduced her as my ginger best friend Bailey, and she introduced me as her black best friend Julianna. We're riot us two!
I'm currently planning out a thing for this summer where he comes and does a house concert for us. See, it started with me sending him a message to see if he's be able to come back again, and he told me he'd only be able to if he it was for the school again or a house concert. I inquired about a concert and I've been discussing it with my friends. I think we're doing it, though I told him I couldn't give him a definite answer until  Sunday (tomorrow). At this point even I don't know if it's a go, I'm waiting for everyone to get back to me on whether or not they really are in. So I guess we'll find out tomorrow!
One of the front doors of our school.
September 19, 2012

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

blame it on the warm weather

So on Thursday my friend Holly brought her project for art to ski practise (its a paer mache barbie) and put it by one of the walls because even though seasons just about over we're still decorating the girls side..So yesterday(which was fri) Im 30 min. late for practice (moms) and everyone else is out skiing and i walk into the room and the barbie's moved and scared the sh!t out of me. By the time I get back people are already coming back to the stadium to do sprints so I go do a quick warm up and stuff. I come back and everyone is in spandex and t-shirts. Well the spandex isnt surprising we girls do that all the time but the t shirts wow. I would've taken my jacket off but I ski in  t-shirt so I kept it on.  We splitt in to two teams and start. For those who dontt know what a sprint realy is it's basically a 100-200 yard dash in relay form on skis. It was really fun and one of the times we were in the lead Jirka (j=y) did this weird jumping thing where he just like...

UB Saturday

Today there was Upward Bound. We had TRiO day, which means that we visited BSU and took some sessions about college or preparing for college or careers, and partook in a college fair. This is how my day started. I woke up at 7:30  because Jake texted me good morning. The bus leaves the college at 8, I leave two miles away, my mom's at work and I'm still in my clothes from the day before with messy hair and craving a shower. 5 minutes later Jake is at my door. How'd I get ready in less than 5 minutes? I changed shirts, tossed a hoody over it, put my hair in a bun, and brushed my teeth at I found socks and packed  I wound up leaving a bunch of stuff at home, but I had my ipod which is all that really mattered. Bailey was there and so we sat together. She got to meet Colton and he complimented her on being chesty. I told him that I was the only one allowed to compliment her chest and Tim reprimanded him. Kinda. The guest speaker was funny and I liked the way he tie...

JNQ at Mt. Itasca

Yes, I did another JNQ race, and this time it was at home. The day before the race I had a high school one. It was our first (and only) pursuit of the season and man was it a sad one. Most of the time either couldn't make it or was sick. Maggie showed up and wound up just going home. The two of us went out to do a warm up/see the course ski and after the first hill she was dying. That weekend she had an uber high fever and was just sick. I went and did the first race and just had to puke the entire time. Afterwards I did wind up puking a couple of times, and decided that I just shouldn't do the second race. Even though I was sick Friday I still decided to race on Saturday.I did the women's 5k and think I did decently. It was a tough course, well mostly it was just a tough beginning. This is what we did; the right horseshoe into the swamp loop, up the switch back climbed all the way up the way, did a loop up top, went down part of bunny hill connected to the service road,...