Skip to main content

First distance run in awhile...

KJ was gone today because of the Elite meet, and so he left us with a workout and put Amber in charge. Amber is a student at the college studying to become a physical educator  She's almost, but not quite, an assistant sprinting coach. 
Some pictures from the Elite meet. Courtesy of KJ:



The workout was just 4 laps with 100 yrd sprints on the straightaways, 10 100s with 40 second rests between. The weight room was locked and since Amber isn't an official coach she doesn't have a key and we couldn't workout. I don't think anyone was sad. That was the earliest the girls sprint team has ever finished. Usually we're the last ones there, because KJ just talks and talks.

I decided that since I haven't really been training for the half-marathon well at all since track started that I should probably go for a run. Start gathering some miles up.

WORST IDEA EVER, actually that's a lie. I've had worst ones. Like working out with Nick.

I felt good, but not for long. I was originally just going to do 3 miles and some hills. Didn't happen. I wound up doing 8.2 miles on a really hilly course. Why was it so hilly?! I ran around town randomly choosing where I'd go and somehow wound up running all the bad hills.

Then my shoes got soaked because all the snow is melting due to the fact that it was 67 Degrees F out. The puddles actually felt good because the cooled me off, but the fact that my shoes gave me blisters so big and painful I couldn't walk right, did not feel good. 

The best part of the run was when I was running by my dentist's office and some guys from school drove by. No idea who they were, didn't get a look.  Why was this the best part? One of the boys leaned out the window and yelled "I LOVE YOU!!". Just what I needed. I had been feeling miserable, and that made me laugh so hard! I love when people do that. As long as they mean it in a non-creepy way.

Speaking of creepy there was this pick-up truck that I first noticed before turning onto Airport road. I only noticed it because I was wondering why the guy wasn't pulling out of the parking lot of some building  He was just sitting there. Then I was past it (this was like a 1-2 minute thing. I was a ways away), and would've forgotten it, but before I turned onto Airport Road, it slowly pulled out and turned with me. Thank goodness that it's a busy road. The look he gave me as he drove by made me want to shower. Awkward. 

Okay, well I have a busy weekend and should probably go to bed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

blame it on the warm weather

So on Thursday my friend Holly brought her project for art to ski practise (its a paer mache barbie) and put it by one of the walls because even though seasons just about over we're still decorating the girls side..So yesterday(which was fri) Im 30 min. late for practice (moms) and everyone else is out skiing and i walk into the room and the barbie's moved and scared the sh!t out of me. By the time I get back people are already coming back to the stadium to do sprints so I go do a quick warm up and stuff. I come back and everyone is in spandex and t-shirts. Well the spandex isnt surprising we girls do that all the time but the t shirts wow. I would've taken my jacket off but I ski in  t-shirt so I kept it on.  We splitt in to two teams and start. For those who dontt know what a sprint realy is it's basically a 100-200 yard dash in relay form on skis. It was really fun and one of the times we were in the lead Jirka (j=y) did this weird jumping thing where he just like...

UB Saturday

Today there was Upward Bound. We had TRiO day, which means that we visited BSU and took some sessions about college or preparing for college or careers, and partook in a college fair. This is how my day started. I woke up at 7:30  because Jake texted me good morning. The bus leaves the college at 8, I leave two miles away, my mom's at work and I'm still in my clothes from the day before with messy hair and craving a shower. 5 minutes later Jake is at my door. How'd I get ready in less than 5 minutes? I changed shirts, tossed a hoody over it, put my hair in a bun, and brushed my teeth at I found socks and packed  I wound up leaving a bunch of stuff at home, but I had my ipod which is all that really mattered. Bailey was there and so we sat together. She got to meet Colton and he complimented her on being chesty. I told him that I was the only one allowed to compliment her chest and Tim reprimanded him. Kinda. The guest speaker was funny and I liked the way he tie...

Fun?

I was invited to go to a party. By a senior. BOO-YA!! So Jake and I went. We all mat at the basketball game Side note: We won, after going into overtime and almost a second overtime! The boys  are now going on to either section finals or section quarters.  Then we all went bowling, which hurt my ankle, so that now this morning it's all in a fit. We bowled until 11pm and then went back to Sidney's house were Spencer asked Marly to prom! Aww. There was a huge banner and everything! Once things called down everyone  headed in for food, well Jake, Kali and I already had. Hehehee. How does Cathy manage to make everything taste so good? We played Dance Dance Revolution 4, messed with each other and ate food. Jake and I should never play Dance Dance. We're not the best and look awkward. The entire time I missed my "group", my close friends, the one's who know me, who I actually hang out with. I normally don't hang out with the people who were there, some of them ...