Skip to main content

Never again

Today my friend Nick texted me asking if I wanted to go biking with him. I figured it be better for me to go biking than to sprint with my quads acting up. KJ agreed and I met Nick at the fairgrounds. The plain was to bike fifteen miles down highway 38 which is around where Suomi Hills are and go back. What a lie! We biked to Marcel  Which is twenty-five miles down 38. I'm going to assume you've never been down that far, and you don't want to. It's all winding curves and hills. It's dangerous driving down it and painful biking. I'm seriously surprised that besides near frost bite, feet swollen due to cold, muscle cramps, chafing, and the fact that it was freezing we didn't run into trouble. The bike out we had a pretty good pace, and were joking and talking, having a real good time. On the way back, not so much. We tried in the beginning, but those hills and the cold got to us. The hills! They are terrible! It's constant up and down. We completely under estimated it. We should've turned back at 15 miles or better yet at 10. It was bad. The last ten miles were the hardest of them all and it was mostly flat with the occasional hill.Really the only things that kept us going were thoughts of food and heat. By the time we got back to his car we were both in considerable pain and couldn't walk right, mainly due to our feet. We may have shed tears of happiness.

We went straight to McDonald's. Neither of us has been there in over a year and only went there to get something greasy and to completely ruin the workout. It worked. We each had 2 double cheeseburgers, split a large fry, split a chocolate shake and he also had some type of caffeine.Nothing has ever tasted better. We were in Nirvana. Nick is taking a shower, which he called the shower of Nirvana. I would, but don't think I can make it up the stairs a second time and am therefor going to stick with a pile of blankets and the couch. I can't wait for our 200 mile bike trip!

My view for just about the entire trip. 


Laurentain Divide

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

blame it on the warm weather

So on Thursday my friend Holly brought her project for art to ski practise (its a paer mache barbie) and put it by one of the walls because even though seasons just about over we're still decorating the girls side..So yesterday(which was fri) Im 30 min. late for practice (moms) and everyone else is out skiing and i walk into the room and the barbie's moved and scared the sh!t out of me. By the time I get back people are already coming back to the stadium to do sprints so I go do a quick warm up and stuff. I come back and everyone is in spandex and t-shirts. Well the spandex isnt surprising we girls do that all the time but the t shirts wow. I would've taken my jacket off but I ski in  t-shirt so I kept it on.  We splitt in to two teams and start. For those who dontt know what a sprint realy is it's basically a 100-200 yard dash in relay form on skis. It was really fun and one of the times we were in the lead Jirka (j=y) did this weird jumping thing where he just like...

UB Saturday

Today there was Upward Bound. We had TRiO day, which means that we visited BSU and took some sessions about college or preparing for college or careers, and partook in a college fair. This is how my day started. I woke up at 7:30  because Jake texted me good morning. The bus leaves the college at 8, I leave two miles away, my mom's at work and I'm still in my clothes from the day before with messy hair and craving a shower. 5 minutes later Jake is at my door. How'd I get ready in less than 5 minutes? I changed shirts, tossed a hoody over it, put my hair in a bun, and brushed my teeth at I found socks and packed  I wound up leaving a bunch of stuff at home, but I had my ipod which is all that really mattered. Bailey was there and so we sat together. She got to meet Colton and he complimented her on being chesty. I told him that I was the only one allowed to compliment her chest and Tim reprimanded him. Kinda. The guest speaker was funny and I liked the way he tie...

Tell me I can't

Two years ago I set an impossible goal, and while I didn't make it last year, I made it to state this year. I'm not exaggerating when I say no one thought I would ever come this far, but I set a goal and I worked hard for it. I know that to some, maybe even all, of you it doesn't seem like much. Here I am going on about making it to state and how hard it was and how rewarding it has been, when the Olympics are going on. I'm actually watching the men's slalom as I write this! But to me this is a big deal. This is my fifth year skiing, and it's been a long a road. My coaches love to remind me of how terrible I was when I first started! I mean they really have a good laugh at my expense (not that I care much, it was pretty funny). So to have come this far in what seems to me like a relatively short time, it's amazing. The reason why I'm rambling on about this is because I want to set another goal. Actually a couple of goals. What I learned is that if you...