Skip to main content

My socks :'(

Every athlete has their own thing that they are convinced they have to do or have to be able to have a successful meet. For me it's my socks. See, this year I was granted the opportunity to go to West Yellowstone and do the training camp. Well on the last day their I bought these pink socks that say "I'm with awesome" and have an arrow pointing up. Ever since I bought them I have not skied without them on. Every practice, every meet. Every ski. Not only did I always wear them, but I absolutely refuse to wash them. Why? Because I had an amazing season straight off (Okay, the tendinitis wasn't really amazing, but technically that developed before I bought the socks). The socks totally made it possible and washing them mean robbing them of the magic that they hold within their pink fibers. It got pretty bad. By the end of the season they could almost stand up on their own. Gross, but that was what I had to have with me every time.

The most terribly horrible thing has happened. My mother washed them. My own MOTHER washed them. SHE WASHED MY MAGIC SOCKS!!! I mean what kind of parent would do such a thing!? She knows the story of their magic, and that I do my own laundry. They're soft now. SOFT! There are barely held back tears in my eyes right now.

I guess I can try logging some major miles roller skiing this summer in them, but it won't be the same. They won't have all of this past year's accomplishes, improvements, losses, and breakdowns. It sounds stupid and silly, but I don't know I had a really good year in those socks, and I feel as if they really did help me. If nothing else they gave me the courage to dream big, and the confidence to pursue those dreams.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

blame it on the warm weather

So on Thursday my friend Holly brought her project for art to ski practise (its a paer mache barbie) and put it by one of the walls because even though seasons just about over we're still decorating the girls side..So yesterday(which was fri) Im 30 min. late for practice (moms) and everyone else is out skiing and i walk into the room and the barbie's moved and scared the sh!t out of me. By the time I get back people are already coming back to the stadium to do sprints so I go do a quick warm up and stuff. I come back and everyone is in spandex and t-shirts. Well the spandex isnt surprising we girls do that all the time but the t shirts wow. I would've taken my jacket off but I ski in  t-shirt so I kept it on.  We splitt in to two teams and start. For those who dontt know what a sprint realy is it's basically a 100-200 yard dash in relay form on skis. It was really fun and one of the times we were in the lead Jirka (j=y) did this weird jumping thing where he just like...

UB Saturday

Today there was Upward Bound. We had TRiO day, which means that we visited BSU and took some sessions about college or preparing for college or careers, and partook in a college fair. This is how my day started. I woke up at 7:30  because Jake texted me good morning. The bus leaves the college at 8, I leave two miles away, my mom's at work and I'm still in my clothes from the day before with messy hair and craving a shower. 5 minutes later Jake is at my door. How'd I get ready in less than 5 minutes? I changed shirts, tossed a hoody over it, put my hair in a bun, and brushed my teeth at I found socks and packed  I wound up leaving a bunch of stuff at home, but I had my ipod which is all that really mattered. Bailey was there and so we sat together. She got to meet Colton and he complimented her on being chesty. I told him that I was the only one allowed to compliment her chest and Tim reprimanded him. Kinda. The guest speaker was funny and I liked the way he tie...

Fun?

I was invited to go to a party. By a senior. BOO-YA!! So Jake and I went. We all mat at the basketball game Side note: We won, after going into overtime and almost a second overtime! The boys  are now going on to either section finals or section quarters.  Then we all went bowling, which hurt my ankle, so that now this morning it's all in a fit. We bowled until 11pm and then went back to Sidney's house were Spencer asked Marly to prom! Aww. There was a huge banner and everything! Once things called down everyone  headed in for food, well Jake, Kali and I already had. Hehehee. How does Cathy manage to make everything taste so good? We played Dance Dance Revolution 4, messed with each other and ate food. Jake and I should never play Dance Dance. We're not the best and look awkward. The entire time I missed my "group", my close friends, the one's who know me, who I actually hang out with. I normally don't hang out with the people who were there, some of them ...