Skip to main content

I went for a ski yesterday

I'm kinda maybe possibly grounded until tomorrow (the truth does not set you free btw!!), and all I can do is go to work and go to skiing. So I told my mom Marlo wanted me to do a volume ski this weekend (which is true) and so I went to Mt. Itasca and skied for about two and a half hours.

This building at the top of the wall.
We call it "the shack"
All I did the entire time was climb. I went up to the top came back and went up again. The last hour all I did was go straight up the switch back and the wall (the entire wall, not just the first hill but all three) and then come down part of the service road where I'd take a sharp right turn up and do the biathlon loop because there's a wicked downhill which would connect me back to the service road and then take one of three options until I got back to the bottom where I'd start again. I did that over and over for an hour!!

At the top of the wall. See those tracks? Mostly me.
I climbed it a lot....
View from the top of the wall. It's waaayyy better in person.

It was really awkward because Vlad and Vasek were there, which is why I wound up climbing the whole time. I was kinda trying to avoid them. Vlad is the biathlon coach and I swear he thinks I'm incompetent, plus he mildy scares me and I'm pretty sure he hates me... Vasek is his son and....well it's Vasek. We're like polar opposites. It was really weird because at first I thought Vlad was Honza (His oldest son who's my age) when I saw him through this crack thing.

I only stopped when my shoulder started hurting. I had had tendinitis of the shoulder this summer, and so I was worried if I continued I would bring it back. Which is something I do not want!! At all. Not even a little bit!!!
LOOK!!! SKIS!!
I hope you enjoyed your reading and get out there and ski!!!
        

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

blame it on the warm weather

So on Thursday my friend Holly brought her project for art to ski practise (its a paer mache barbie) and put it by one of the walls because even though seasons just about over we're still decorating the girls side..So yesterday(which was fri) Im 30 min. late for practice (moms) and everyone else is out skiing and i walk into the room and the barbie's moved and scared the sh!t out of me. By the time I get back people are already coming back to the stadium to do sprints so I go do a quick warm up and stuff. I come back and everyone is in spandex and t-shirts. Well the spandex isnt surprising we girls do that all the time but the t shirts wow. I would've taken my jacket off but I ski in  t-shirt so I kept it on.  We splitt in to two teams and start. For those who dontt know what a sprint realy is it's basically a 100-200 yard dash in relay form on skis. It was really fun and one of the times we were in the lead Jirka (j=y) did this weird jumping thing where he just like...

UB Saturday

Today there was Upward Bound. We had TRiO day, which means that we visited BSU and took some sessions about college or preparing for college or careers, and partook in a college fair. This is how my day started. I woke up at 7:30  because Jake texted me good morning. The bus leaves the college at 8, I leave two miles away, my mom's at work and I'm still in my clothes from the day before with messy hair and craving a shower. 5 minutes later Jake is at my door. How'd I get ready in less than 5 minutes? I changed shirts, tossed a hoody over it, put my hair in a bun, and brushed my teeth at I found socks and packed  I wound up leaving a bunch of stuff at home, but I had my ipod which is all that really mattered. Bailey was there and so we sat together. She got to meet Colton and he complimented her on being chesty. I told him that I was the only one allowed to compliment her chest and Tim reprimanded him. Kinda. The guest speaker was funny and I liked the way he tie...

Does 2 hours count as an OD run?

Well if it does then I just did my first OD run. Btw, OD stands for Over Distance. I ran a total of 15.6 miles in 2hours 1minute and 8seconds. burned 1,467 calories, and managed not to hurt myself. Here's how it went: I started out from my house and ran along the lake to the fair grounds where I could enter the Mesabi Trail. Then I just ran along the trail for awhile in the cold, while it snowed, and was really windy. Then I decided I'd run along this branching of trail and  go to Deer River, it's only an additional 22miles I quickly lost the trail when it came out on a road and just turned around. From there I waved hi to a fisherman and his family and resumed running on the Mesabi Trail. Then I decided to follow another branch off to Gunn Park and from there run to my friend Max's. I was almost there when I realized  I was still only an hour in. So I did what anyone would do... I started running along random trails through the woods. I did come along a collapsed...