Skip to main content

FIRST SKI MEET OF THE SEASON!!

I'm just going to get right in it. It wasn't my best race. What I mean by that is that I did do pretty well considering, but mentally I wasn't in it. It pains me to say, but I actually gave up in the race. I've never done that before but I just couldn't go on. I don't know why it happened and I hope it doesn't happen again. Maybe I'm not ready for JNQ. I don't know, but it's best not to linger on such thoughts. Let's just move on and let me tell you how the team did.

So everyone is in agreement that the conditions weren't ideal, and none of us had our best race. There was a heavy snowfall right before the races and we all had to deal with a couple inches of powdery death. Thank goodness it was classic and not skate! Everyone was either slipping and sliding or stuck. Holly actually stopped and wiped off her skis a couple times! All in all, no fun for anyone.

On the brighter side of things Maggie and I took 9th and 8th respectively. Instead of receiving a ribbon and some kind of edible item, we were given a ribbon and a pretty sharp scraper. It was pretty cool and I still don't know whether to use it or just look at it. We also had Emma coming in at 11th, Jaylynne 16th, Holly 19th and Jorden 31st. The varsity girls team came in third overall, which we were proud of.

The boys varsity was led by Vasek in 10th, followed by Gus in 12th, Sam 22nd, Jake 25th, Hans 26th, Eddie 35th and Mac 43th. The boys landed a 4th place finish overall.

I would write more, but it's late and i think I got sick at the meet. So i need to go rest up!!

Have a good night and thank you for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

blame it on the warm weather

So on Thursday my friend Holly brought her project for art to ski practise (its a paer mache barbie) and put it by one of the walls because even though seasons just about over we're still decorating the girls side..So yesterday(which was fri) Im 30 min. late for practice (moms) and everyone else is out skiing and i walk into the room and the barbie's moved and scared the sh!t out of me. By the time I get back people are already coming back to the stadium to do sprints so I go do a quick warm up and stuff. I come back and everyone is in spandex and t-shirts. Well the spandex isnt surprising we girls do that all the time but the t shirts wow. I would've taken my jacket off but I ski in  t-shirt so I kept it on.  We splitt in to two teams and start. For those who dontt know what a sprint realy is it's basically a 100-200 yard dash in relay form on skis. It was really fun and one of the times we were in the lead Jirka (j=y) did this weird jumping thing where he just like...

UB Saturday

Today there was Upward Bound. We had TRiO day, which means that we visited BSU and took some sessions about college or preparing for college or careers, and partook in a college fair. This is how my day started. I woke up at 7:30  because Jake texted me good morning. The bus leaves the college at 8, I leave two miles away, my mom's at work and I'm still in my clothes from the day before with messy hair and craving a shower. 5 minutes later Jake is at my door. How'd I get ready in less than 5 minutes? I changed shirts, tossed a hoody over it, put my hair in a bun, and brushed my teeth at I found socks and packed  I wound up leaving a bunch of stuff at home, but I had my ipod which is all that really mattered. Bailey was there and so we sat together. She got to meet Colton and he complimented her on being chesty. I told him that I was the only one allowed to compliment her chest and Tim reprimanded him. Kinda. The guest speaker was funny and I liked the way he tie...

Does 2 hours count as an OD run?

Well if it does then I just did my first OD run. Btw, OD stands for Over Distance. I ran a total of 15.6 miles in 2hours 1minute and 8seconds. burned 1,467 calories, and managed not to hurt myself. Here's how it went: I started out from my house and ran along the lake to the fair grounds where I could enter the Mesabi Trail. Then I just ran along the trail for awhile in the cold, while it snowed, and was really windy. Then I decided I'd run along this branching of trail and  go to Deer River, it's only an additional 22miles I quickly lost the trail when it came out on a road and just turned around. From there I waved hi to a fisherman and his family and resumed running on the Mesabi Trail. Then I decided to follow another branch off to Gunn Park and from there run to my friend Max's. I was almost there when I realized  I was still only an hour in. So I did what anyone would do... I started running along random trails through the woods. I did come along a collapsed...