Skip to main content

I PROMISE I'M A GOOD WRITER!!

When you read my blog it  may seem that I suck at writing, but I really don't. I promise! I am actually a pretty decent writer, well at least when it comes to papers and essays. I just wanted to clear that up before telling you some news.

The essay that I interviewed Matt Liebsch and Tad Elliott for has been graded and returned! I did a lot better than I thought, because after I turned it in I realized that one of my paragraphs on eating disorders could've been done better and that there were some areas where I could've worded things differently. I guess I'm just never fully satisfied when it comes to essays and papers. Anyways....

I wound up getting a 123 out of 125, and those two lost points where due to stupid mistakes in grammar. Not only did I receive  one of the highest grades in the class, but my professor wants me to enter it and my narrative into these two contests the college is doing!! I'm not sure if I'll enter into the narrative contest, but I think I'm going to enter the one for more academic type papers.  

So that's just really exciting to me and I thought I'd share it with you. Also it gave me an excuse to text Tad Elliott. That's right. Conversating with the big wigs haha. I'm so strange and you know what, I enjoy it!

I'll be sure to let you guys know how the contest goes!!

Thank you for taking the time to read this short little post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BSU Meet Two

Well yesterdays meet was pretty interesting. For starters there were 29 schools crammed into one small building. That was horrible, it got very hot and very crowded fast. The best part was that my friend Maggie was there! Which also means that Colton was there. That was so awkward. Just an FYI this post is about the social aspects that went on during the meet and not so much the actual meet stuff. I'll start with Colton because the rest of it is just weird ... Anyways, Colton was there. I tried to avoid him as best as I could but due to the fact that he long jumps, or maybe it was triple jump I wasn't really paying attention, and that our camp was right next to the pits I saw a lot of him. Also I hung out at Maggie's team's camp and he's on her team. Turns out she doesn't have that high of an opinion of him either. It was really creepy because he kept looking at me, like every chance he got! Then he comes up tp me and accuses me of stalking him! Maggie and I w

JNQ at Mt. Itasca

Yes, I did another JNQ race, and this time it was at home. The day before the race I had a high school one. It was our first (and only) pursuit of the season and man was it a sad one. Most of the time either couldn't make it or was sick. Maggie showed up and wound up just going home. The two of us went out to do a warm up/see the course ski and after the first hill she was dying. That weekend she had an uber high fever and was just sick. I went and did the first race and just had to puke the entire time. Afterwards I did wind up puking a couple of times, and decided that I just shouldn't do the second race. Even though I was sick Friday I still decided to race on Saturday.I did the women's 5k and think I did decently. It was a tough course, well mostly it was just a tough beginning. This is what we did; the right horseshoe into the swamp loop, up the switch back climbed all the way up the way, did a loop up top, went down part of bunny hill connected to the service road,

First distance run in awhile...

KJ was gone today because of the Elite meet, and so he left us with a workout and put Amber in charge. Amber is a student at the college studying to become a physical educator  She's almost, but not quite, an assistant sprinting coach.  Some pictures from the Elite meet. Courtesy of KJ: The workout was just 4 laps with 100 yrd sprints on the straightaways, 10 100s with 40 second rests between. The weight room was locked and since Amber isn't an official coach she doesn't have a key and we couldn't workout. I don't think anyone was sad. That was the earliest the girls sprint team has ever finished. Usually we're the last ones there, because KJ just talks and talks. I decided that since I haven't really been training for the half-marathon well at all since track started that I should probably go for a run. Start gathering some miles up. WORST IDEA EVER, actually that's a lie. I've had worst ones. Like working out with Nick. I