Skip to main content

Skiing in April?

I expected  yesterday to suck, but from the moment I was awoken at 5 am it didn't suck. Why was I woken up so early? My mom wanted to tell me to turn my alarm off SCHOOL WAS CANCELLED on account of Thursday's snow storm or blizzard. I slept in, got to finish my book and eat breakfast! Who! Though I was still hoping to be able to go meet Jessie Diggins, but I knew it wouldn't happen. Aaannnddd it didn't, but at the end of the day I couldn't stop smiling anyways.

My mom has this problem of taking pictures of me when I look terrible

I spent the morning being lazy and not really doing anything, but the afternoon id a different story. My mom drove me out to Mt. Itasca (since I still can't drive even though I'm nearly 17) and we nearly got stuck. While Mt. Itasca may have been mostly groomed, no one had plowed the driveway. While I skied my mom did homework (she went back to school to get a higher degree for her job), and wow. The snow was hard, yet you could still fall through in certain spots, and it was hot skiing yet the wind had a bite. None of that mattered though. I finally got to ski again and it felt good. Worked a little on technique, tossed in some sprints and practiced knowing when to do what when. There were a lot of times when my technique was kinda iffy, but I didn't fall sooooooo it's okay.

Jake may have had Dino, but I had Lemonade!


Afterwards we kidnapped Jake, because my mom wanted to take us out to dinner. We embarrassed him at Applebee's! Since I was in Haiwi'i on his birthday we celebrated it then, and had them sing to him. It was a tasty time. Afterwards we came back to my house and watched a horror movie once Randall got here. Randall's one of our neighbors  and I forgot his name and called him David when I answered the door. 

He got a laptop for his birthday so when he got home we Skyped, though once again I fell asleep. Falling asleep on Skype is so much worse than falling asleep on the phone! I don't want him to see how gross I look when I sleep, only to see how gross I look when I'm awake!

On a side note, never put Nuttella in pancake batter. It just doesn't turn out right.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

blame it on the warm weather

So on Thursday my friend Holly brought her project for art to ski practise (its a paer mache barbie) and put it by one of the walls because even though seasons just about over we're still decorating the girls side..So yesterday(which was fri) Im 30 min. late for practice (moms) and everyone else is out skiing and i walk into the room and the barbie's moved and scared the sh!t out of me. By the time I get back people are already coming back to the stadium to do sprints so I go do a quick warm up and stuff. I come back and everyone is in spandex and t-shirts. Well the spandex isnt surprising we girls do that all the time but the t shirts wow. I would've taken my jacket off but I ski in  t-shirt so I kept it on.  We splitt in to two teams and start. For those who dontt know what a sprint realy is it's basically a 100-200 yard dash in relay form on skis. It was really fun and one of the times we were in the lead Jirka (j=y) did this weird jumping thing where he just like...

UB Saturday

Today there was Upward Bound. We had TRiO day, which means that we visited BSU and took some sessions about college or preparing for college or careers, and partook in a college fair. This is how my day started. I woke up at 7:30  because Jake texted me good morning. The bus leaves the college at 8, I leave two miles away, my mom's at work and I'm still in my clothes from the day before with messy hair and craving a shower. 5 minutes later Jake is at my door. How'd I get ready in less than 5 minutes? I changed shirts, tossed a hoody over it, put my hair in a bun, and brushed my teeth at I found socks and packed  I wound up leaving a bunch of stuff at home, but I had my ipod which is all that really mattered. Bailey was there and so we sat together. She got to meet Colton and he complimented her on being chesty. I told him that I was the only one allowed to compliment her chest and Tim reprimanded him. Kinda. The guest speaker was funny and I liked the way he tie...

Tell me I can't

Two years ago I set an impossible goal, and while I didn't make it last year, I made it to state this year. I'm not exaggerating when I say no one thought I would ever come this far, but I set a goal and I worked hard for it. I know that to some, maybe even all, of you it doesn't seem like much. Here I am going on about making it to state and how hard it was and how rewarding it has been, when the Olympics are going on. I'm actually watching the men's slalom as I write this! But to me this is a big deal. This is my fifth year skiing, and it's been a long a road. My coaches love to remind me of how terrible I was when I first started! I mean they really have a good laugh at my expense (not that I care much, it was pretty funny). So to have come this far in what seems to me like a relatively short time, it's amazing. The reason why I'm rambling on about this is because I want to set another goal. Actually a couple of goals. What I learned is that if you...