Skip to main content

Hawai'i Day Two

You may be wondering why I spelled it "Hawai'i" instead of "Hawaii". Well that's how people spell it here, and I figured the whole when in Rome saying applied here too. 

The morning started off with an AMAZING breakfast. I even tried something new for a change and actually mostly liked it! Afterwards we loaded up on buses and departed for Secret Island. Our bus driver was the best and told us many things.

Banana Trees!




You can't tell from the picture, but their license plates all have rainbows on them.
Fun Fact: that's because rainbows are seen everyday here

Beatiful






In Minnesota you'd never see an older gentleman with shorts this short!




Before we go to the boat we met up with this guy, who taught us more and was really funny!


Making fire with nothing but two sticks and coconut fibers!

Posing for the camers


Shelling a coconut

The shelled coconut



 After he shelled it and cracked it open he called me to the stage...

Ya...I'm in a dress...

Drinking coconut milk. Reminds me of 3rd grade

Afterwards he gave me and three other girls headband things made out of the leaf of a tree with a flower on  it. The side that the flower's on means something. On the left-I'm married or taken. Right-I'm single adn ready to mingle. Middle front-I'm an open relationship. Back-basically, let's get it on!

My headband.
He made Emma run for hers

Then we hopped on the boat and went to Secret Island. While there I learned that I'm pretty boss at paddle boarding. I'm still trying to convince Gundy that the band needs one. Haha. 

I also took out my goggles and snorkel and checked out the coral. If you're calm the fish will come out and swim around you!




When we first got there, there was a group of 7th graders crowded around the swing. They were trying to see who could climb it using only upper body strength. I did it! It was really fun.









On our way back one of our buses had a spot of trouble and started smoking...


They had to call a fire truck

Firetruck driver

You can't see him but there's also a cop

Once we go to hotel i took some pictures of our room:


Spent the morning watching Japanese TV







Ya, a second balcony

We marched in the Merry Monarch Parade. Had a meeting then walked around looking for food. After two hours we found Wally! He was selling cookies. In my next post I'll have more about him up and put a link to his websites!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

blame it on the warm weather

So on Thursday my friend Holly brought her project for art to ski practise (its a paer mache barbie) and put it by one of the walls because even though seasons just about over we're still decorating the girls side..So yesterday(which was fri) Im 30 min. late for practice (moms) and everyone else is out skiing and i walk into the room and the barbie's moved and scared the sh!t out of me. By the time I get back people are already coming back to the stadium to do sprints so I go do a quick warm up and stuff. I come back and everyone is in spandex and t-shirts. Well the spandex isnt surprising we girls do that all the time but the t shirts wow. I would've taken my jacket off but I ski in  t-shirt so I kept it on.  We splitt in to two teams and start. For those who dontt know what a sprint realy is it's basically a 100-200 yard dash in relay form on skis. It was really fun and one of the times we were in the lead Jirka (j=y) did this weird jumping thing where he just like...

UB Saturday

Today there was Upward Bound. We had TRiO day, which means that we visited BSU and took some sessions about college or preparing for college or careers, and partook in a college fair. This is how my day started. I woke up at 7:30  because Jake texted me good morning. The bus leaves the college at 8, I leave two miles away, my mom's at work and I'm still in my clothes from the day before with messy hair and craving a shower. 5 minutes later Jake is at my door. How'd I get ready in less than 5 minutes? I changed shirts, tossed a hoody over it, put my hair in a bun, and brushed my teeth at I found socks and packed  I wound up leaving a bunch of stuff at home, but I had my ipod which is all that really mattered. Bailey was there and so we sat together. She got to meet Colton and he complimented her on being chesty. I told him that I was the only one allowed to compliment her chest and Tim reprimanded him. Kinda. The guest speaker was funny and I liked the way he tie...

Fun?

I was invited to go to a party. By a senior. BOO-YA!! So Jake and I went. We all mat at the basketball game Side note: We won, after going into overtime and almost a second overtime! The boys  are now going on to either section finals or section quarters.  Then we all went bowling, which hurt my ankle, so that now this morning it's all in a fit. We bowled until 11pm and then went back to Sidney's house were Spencer asked Marly to prom! Aww. There was a huge banner and everything! Once things called down everyone  headed in for food, well Jake, Kali and I already had. Hehehee. How does Cathy manage to make everything taste so good? We played Dance Dance Revolution 4, messed with each other and ate food. Jake and I should never play Dance Dance. We're not the best and look awkward. The entire time I missed my "group", my close friends, the one's who know me, who I actually hang out with. I normally don't hang out with the people who were there, some of them ...