Skip to main content

It was a good day

While I may have gotten to school late, wearing dirty sweatpants, hungry, and tired but the day turned out pretty well.

Since there's still MCA testing going on and the most of the band has them first hour, we aren't doing anything. So while everyone else hung out in the big band room Calvin and I went into the smaller band room. He played with the percussion stuff and I took a nap. 
Second hour History was nothing new. We were assigned a small group project and then he left for the rest of class. The project is to study Vietnam using our book, and History.com then to make a 25-30 slide power point on it, and afterwards we will be tested upon it. 
In English I zoned out a lot, but it's okay we were just finishing up presentations and I still managed to take notes. 
It's Wednesday so we had 3.5 hour, I read my book and somewhat paid attention to the video we were suppose to be watching. No ever pays attention in that class, it's a complete waste of money. The goal of it is to prepare kids for after high school, but it's not helpful. It does nothing to prepare us for the real world, even the teachers agree. 
Biology was fun, and I had a nice conversation with Pav after class about age and societies fixation on it. 
Then for lunch I hung out in the little alcove like area outside the small band room and jazz choir room doors. After conversing with Jackie I took a nap. 
I have math fifth hour and was glad to learn that even though I wasn't in that class for most of the past two weeks, I quickly caught onto what it was they had learned.  Now just gotta finish catching up on that classes make-up work.
Sies hora. Tengo la clase de Espanol. No me gusta la clase de Espanol. No hablo, escribir, escuchar, o leer Espanol. No comprendo Espanol. 
Thank goodness that I have seventh hour study hall. During it I finished an English test, worked on a drawing and attempted to hack my way through some Spanish. 

Track was easy. Just ran to Murphy Hill and did 10 hills. The best part was when this dog came out of nowhere after the second hill and adopted us. By the eighth hill we realized we should send him on his way home and I tried. I ran a little ways away from the sprinters and he followed. When I told him home he looked at me with those puppy dog eyes, and when I said it firmer he slowly turned around and walked back to the team. I said I was sorry and he came trotting back to me. He's so cute! Sadly we had to return him and ran to KJ's (coach) aunt's house where we called his owners. Then it was back to the high school to work on high jump. We changed how I approach the bar and my form's look better! 

Before I go away, I have one more thing to say. Jessie Diggins is having a party of sorts for all people within the Nordic ski community. I'm currently attempting to find any ride possible so as to be able to go. She's kinda my idol. Hopefully all works out! If you want to find out more about who she is or about the party just click in her name above!

Goodnight and goodbye!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

blame it on the warm weather

So on Thursday my friend Holly brought her project for art to ski practise (its a paer mache barbie) and put it by one of the walls because even though seasons just about over we're still decorating the girls side..So yesterday(which was fri) Im 30 min. late for practice (moms) and everyone else is out skiing and i walk into the room and the barbie's moved and scared the sh!t out of me. By the time I get back people are already coming back to the stadium to do sprints so I go do a quick warm up and stuff. I come back and everyone is in spandex and t-shirts. Well the spandex isnt surprising we girls do that all the time but the t shirts wow. I would've taken my jacket off but I ski in  t-shirt so I kept it on.  We splitt in to two teams and start. For those who dontt know what a sprint realy is it's basically a 100-200 yard dash in relay form on skis. It was really fun and one of the times we were in the lead Jirka (j=y) did this weird jumping thing where he just like...

UB Saturday

Today there was Upward Bound. We had TRiO day, which means that we visited BSU and took some sessions about college or preparing for college or careers, and partook in a college fair. This is how my day started. I woke up at 7:30  because Jake texted me good morning. The bus leaves the college at 8, I leave two miles away, my mom's at work and I'm still in my clothes from the day before with messy hair and craving a shower. 5 minutes later Jake is at my door. How'd I get ready in less than 5 minutes? I changed shirts, tossed a hoody over it, put my hair in a bun, and brushed my teeth at I found socks and packed  I wound up leaving a bunch of stuff at home, but I had my ipod which is all that really mattered. Bailey was there and so we sat together. She got to meet Colton and he complimented her on being chesty. I told him that I was the only one allowed to compliment her chest and Tim reprimanded him. Kinda. The guest speaker was funny and I liked the way he tie...

Fun?

I was invited to go to a party. By a senior. BOO-YA!! So Jake and I went. We all mat at the basketball game Side note: We won, after going into overtime and almost a second overtime! The boys  are now going on to either section finals or section quarters.  Then we all went bowling, which hurt my ankle, so that now this morning it's all in a fit. We bowled until 11pm and then went back to Sidney's house were Spencer asked Marly to prom! Aww. There was a huge banner and everything! Once things called down everyone  headed in for food, well Jake, Kali and I already had. Hehehee. How does Cathy manage to make everything taste so good? We played Dance Dance Revolution 4, messed with each other and ate food. Jake and I should never play Dance Dance. We're not the best and look awkward. The entire time I missed my "group", my close friends, the one's who know me, who I actually hang out with. I normally don't hang out with the people who were there, some of them ...