Skip to main content

Dear Asthma,

I would prefer to tell you this face-to-face, but seeing as you have no face and live within my own body, I see no chance of that happening anytime soon. Therefore it is with an ache in my chest that I write this to you. I am sorry, but we are different places in life. I will always remember the times we had together. I mean, who could forget the times you've had me doubled over, coughing as my lungs attempt to dispel you from my body causing you to become caught and tangled within my throat so I can no longer take in a breath. There's also the times where you, in anger with my lungs for trying to get rid of you, wrap your arms around my chest and squeeze with all your might. Just as you've done today.

I would love to keep you here with me, but we really are in separate places in this life. I know, it sounds cliche and yet it rings true. You've changed since we first met. You now want to take the easy way in life. To sit back and watch all the good times go by with a good book in one hand and Netflix in the other. You have no longer want to push the limits and see where things will go. You were once carefree, but now all you want to do is control everything I do. I will no longer stand for it. I am still that girl you first met. That girl who never takes the easy way out, and will instead of taking the easy and expected path others follow will take the fun adventurous path. While you would rather do nothing, I have goals to exceed and places to be. I'm sorry, it's you, not me. Don't worry though, I'll find someone else. Well too be honest, I already have. His name is Skiing and I think he's the one. I'm sorry to spring this upon, but well this is goodbye.

Sincerely,
              Me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

blame it on the warm weather

So on Thursday my friend Holly brought her project for art to ski practise (its a paer mache barbie) and put it by one of the walls because even though seasons just about over we're still decorating the girls side..So yesterday(which was fri) Im 30 min. late for practice (moms) and everyone else is out skiing and i walk into the room and the barbie's moved and scared the sh!t out of me. By the time I get back people are already coming back to the stadium to do sprints so I go do a quick warm up and stuff. I come back and everyone is in spandex and t-shirts. Well the spandex isnt surprising we girls do that all the time but the t shirts wow. I would've taken my jacket off but I ski in  t-shirt so I kept it on.  We splitt in to two teams and start. For those who dontt know what a sprint realy is it's basically a 100-200 yard dash in relay form on skis. It was really fun and one of the times we were in the lead Jirka (j=y) did this weird jumping thing where he just like...

UB Saturday

Today there was Upward Bound. We had TRiO day, which means that we visited BSU and took some sessions about college or preparing for college or careers, and partook in a college fair. This is how my day started. I woke up at 7:30  because Jake texted me good morning. The bus leaves the college at 8, I leave two miles away, my mom's at work and I'm still in my clothes from the day before with messy hair and craving a shower. 5 minutes later Jake is at my door. How'd I get ready in less than 5 minutes? I changed shirts, tossed a hoody over it, put my hair in a bun, and brushed my teeth at I found socks and packed  I wound up leaving a bunch of stuff at home, but I had my ipod which is all that really mattered. Bailey was there and so we sat together. She got to meet Colton and he complimented her on being chesty. I told him that I was the only one allowed to compliment her chest and Tim reprimanded him. Kinda. The guest speaker was funny and I liked the way he tie...

Tell me I can't

Two years ago I set an impossible goal, and while I didn't make it last year, I made it to state this year. I'm not exaggerating when I say no one thought I would ever come this far, but I set a goal and I worked hard for it. I know that to some, maybe even all, of you it doesn't seem like much. Here I am going on about making it to state and how hard it was and how rewarding it has been, when the Olympics are going on. I'm actually watching the men's slalom as I write this! But to me this is a big deal. This is my fifth year skiing, and it's been a long a road. My coaches love to remind me of how terrible I was when I first started! I mean they really have a good laugh at my expense (not that I care much, it was pretty funny). So to have come this far in what seems to me like a relatively short time, it's amazing. The reason why I'm rambling on about this is because I want to set another goal. Actually a couple of goals. What I learned is that if you...