Skip to main content

SKIING ORANGES

I woke up with this thought in mind "Oh, I haven't worked out this weekend. Well it's not going to rain for a couple hours, might as well ski." That was mistake number one. Mistake number two was waiting a couple hours until going out. Mistake number three was getting out of bed this morning. Anyways...

I went out skiing at around two, I had an outfit on that'd keep me cool and was jamming out to some Jacob Fannin. Everything was going good. Then the skies opened up. At first it was just a sprinkle, and being me I was just like "Whatever, it'll stop soon". It didn't stop, instead it got worse. I was soaked, but by the time I figured it out I was already closer to Coleraine than I was to Rapids and figured I'd wait it out at Jake's house.  As soon as I hit Coleraine it stopped raining.

I was at Jake's for a few minutes then headed for home, so I can say bye to April before she leaves, Guess what frickin happens. My pole gets caught in a crack. I didn't realize this and brought my arm forwards to pole again.Combine the fact that I was going forwards when I pulled my arm forwards with the fact that I was moving quickly and maybe you can deduce what happened. If not I'll tell you. It broke.

My pole now has cracks going up it, my shoulder, elbow, and wrist were yanked back and now hurt. The "best" part (hint, that was sarcasm) was that I had to ski another 8 miles with one pole to get home. 8 miles on the Mesabi Trail suck. That thing goes up and down. To make it better was the fact that I had to ski with my left arm. With my left wrist. The wrist that had tendinitis all winter  Add that wrist to my list of injuries for the day. Hopefully we have enough ice packs!

Side note: We (Bay, Max and I) found out I can juggle! I tried to recreate this a few minutes ago. I would like to post a public apology to those oranges I maimed. At least I ended their misery and ate them. :)

Thanks for reading whatever this is!! :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

blame it on the warm weather

So on Thursday my friend Holly brought her project for art to ski practise (its a paer mache barbie) and put it by one of the walls because even though seasons just about over we're still decorating the girls side..So yesterday(which was fri) Im 30 min. late for practice (moms) and everyone else is out skiing and i walk into the room and the barbie's moved and scared the sh!t out of me. By the time I get back people are already coming back to the stadium to do sprints so I go do a quick warm up and stuff. I come back and everyone is in spandex and t-shirts. Well the spandex isnt surprising we girls do that all the time but the t shirts wow. I would've taken my jacket off but I ski in  t-shirt so I kept it on.  We splitt in to two teams and start. For those who dontt know what a sprint realy is it's basically a 100-200 yard dash in relay form on skis. It was really fun and one of the times we were in the lead Jirka (j=y) did this weird jumping thing where he just like...

UB Saturday

Today there was Upward Bound. We had TRiO day, which means that we visited BSU and took some sessions about college or preparing for college or careers, and partook in a college fair. This is how my day started. I woke up at 7:30  because Jake texted me good morning. The bus leaves the college at 8, I leave two miles away, my mom's at work and I'm still in my clothes from the day before with messy hair and craving a shower. 5 minutes later Jake is at my door. How'd I get ready in less than 5 minutes? I changed shirts, tossed a hoody over it, put my hair in a bun, and brushed my teeth at I found socks and packed  I wound up leaving a bunch of stuff at home, but I had my ipod which is all that really mattered. Bailey was there and so we sat together. She got to meet Colton and he complimented her on being chesty. I told him that I was the only one allowed to compliment her chest and Tim reprimanded him. Kinda. The guest speaker was funny and I liked the way he tie...

Fun?

I was invited to go to a party. By a senior. BOO-YA!! So Jake and I went. We all mat at the basketball game Side note: We won, after going into overtime and almost a second overtime! The boys  are now going on to either section finals or section quarters.  Then we all went bowling, which hurt my ankle, so that now this morning it's all in a fit. We bowled until 11pm and then went back to Sidney's house were Spencer asked Marly to prom! Aww. There was a huge banner and everything! Once things called down everyone  headed in for food, well Jake, Kali and I already had. Hehehee. How does Cathy manage to make everything taste so good? We played Dance Dance Revolution 4, messed with each other and ate food. Jake and I should never play Dance Dance. We're not the best and look awkward. The entire time I missed my "group", my close friends, the one's who know me, who I actually hang out with. I normally don't hang out with the people who were there, some of them ...