Skip to main content

I am so Disappointed in Myself

Yesterday was True Team sections, and for the first time I got my own events instead of just being put in the 4x4 like years past. I was excited, I was feeling good, and I was ready to win. Then everything went to hell.

I started of the day with high jump. I warmed up, stretched, did a couple run throughs everything checked out okay. I was nice and limbered up and was on step for high jump. I still had ten minutes before the event started and decided to grab something to drink. You know, stay hydrated and all that in the heat. Anyways...I came back tossed my spikes on and got ready to RUMBLE!!!!! Actually it was more like tumble. I never made it over opening height. Opening height was 4 feet. 4 FREAKING FEET!! To make matters worse I cried. I hate crying, especially where people can see me. At least I was able to put an end to it quick, and blame my running nose on my cold. Even worse my coach kept trying to cheer me up but everything he said just made it worse. Especially when I could clearly see the disappointed written all over his face. Oh also, no one else even came close to touching the bar. I mean not even close. I think they drank Red Bull because they sure had wings. While I was stuck on the ground as if coated in cement.

I was upset for a couple hours. My mood only picked up during 300 hurdles. For a little bit at least.

I didn't want to do them any more. I love 300 hurdles, but after my complete fail at high jump I just couldn't do it. I mean I was sure I was going to fail. Fail and fail hard. Then I pumped myself up. Gave myself a little pep talk, and told myself it worked. Just because I wasn't feeling up to, doesn't mean that I didn't give it my all. I was heat 3 lane 7, with 5 other people in my heat and a total in of 15 girls in all. I wanted to win. I wanted to run a 52 sec. If I can run a 50 sec 300 in practice after everything else we did that day, I could run a 52 in 300 hurdles where I'd done nothing else. I started out strong, and even though I had the wrong lead leg almost the entire time and looked like a freak, I was doing good. I was first until the last hundred yards when that chick in one of the other lanes came out of no where and just barely beat me out for first. I still felt good. Then I found out what my time was and that feeling went away. I ran a 55. A FREAKING 55!! What happened?! I have never run a 55. At least I wasn't last in one event. Ya, I was 12th. Go me.

Then along came the 4x4. Everyone'e favorite event (I hope you caught the sarcasm there). Originally I was slotted to go first, but I'm not good at going first and Megan said she'd rather go first anyways.  Instead I went second. As we were waiting for the boys 2 mile to end KJ decided to give me a "pep" talk. It was really him telling me not to screw it up. That Megan was going to get us into first and all I had to do was keep it. I repeatedly told me that I better go out hard int the first hundred (what I can never do), that if I can do it in practice I can do it now. That I have to run no slower than a 65. He repeatedly stressed that. What I heard was, "I know you suck. I know you're a terrible runner. I have no idea why I put you in this, but you're in it and you better do well. If you don't do well the loss of True Team will be all your fault." That;s what i heard. I did the quick math and figured I should be running 16.25 sec 100s, or better yet just plain 16 sec 100s. Easy. I went out hard, and continued hard. I was chanting "16 seconds, 16 seconds" in my head. I came down the last hundred yards and heard another team telling some chick to speed up, to pass me. Oh hell no! I poured all I had into it and went all out  She fell behind. Speaking of fell, I nearly went down on during those last 20 yrds. I didn't, and passed off the baton without a hitch. As soon as my asthmatic lungs allowed me to, I was off in search of my split. I ran a 67.25. Really?! Really!! Can I not do anything correct?! All I had to do was run a 65. KJ couldn't have made it any more clear. The worst part was that everyone else ran a 64. Even Erin who had literally just finished running and placing 2nd in the 2 mile. She also ran and won the mile that day.

I am such a loser. I don't even know why I did everything wrong yesterday. I felt perfectly fine, my cold was just barely there. What happened?! I'm such a loser. Well, thanks for reading this. Have a good day or night or whatever time of day it currently is where ever you're reading this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

blame it on the warm weather

So on Thursday my friend Holly brought her project for art to ski practise (its a paer mache barbie) and put it by one of the walls because even though seasons just about over we're still decorating the girls side..So yesterday(which was fri) Im 30 min. late for practice (moms) and everyone else is out skiing and i walk into the room and the barbie's moved and scared the sh!t out of me. By the time I get back people are already coming back to the stadium to do sprints so I go do a quick warm up and stuff. I come back and everyone is in spandex and t-shirts. Well the spandex isnt surprising we girls do that all the time but the t shirts wow. I would've taken my jacket off but I ski in  t-shirt so I kept it on.  We splitt in to two teams and start. For those who dontt know what a sprint realy is it's basically a 100-200 yard dash in relay form on skis. It was really fun and one of the times we were in the lead Jirka (j=y) did this weird jumping thing where he just like...

UB Saturday

Today there was Upward Bound. We had TRiO day, which means that we visited BSU and took some sessions about college or preparing for college or careers, and partook in a college fair. This is how my day started. I woke up at 7:30  because Jake texted me good morning. The bus leaves the college at 8, I leave two miles away, my mom's at work and I'm still in my clothes from the day before with messy hair and craving a shower. 5 minutes later Jake is at my door. How'd I get ready in less than 5 minutes? I changed shirts, tossed a hoody over it, put my hair in a bun, and brushed my teeth at I found socks and packed  I wound up leaving a bunch of stuff at home, but I had my ipod which is all that really mattered. Bailey was there and so we sat together. She got to meet Colton and he complimented her on being chesty. I told him that I was the only one allowed to compliment her chest and Tim reprimanded him. Kinda. The guest speaker was funny and I liked the way he tie...

Tell me I can't

Two years ago I set an impossible goal, and while I didn't make it last year, I made it to state this year. I'm not exaggerating when I say no one thought I would ever come this far, but I set a goal and I worked hard for it. I know that to some, maybe even all, of you it doesn't seem like much. Here I am going on about making it to state and how hard it was and how rewarding it has been, when the Olympics are going on. I'm actually watching the men's slalom as I write this! But to me this is a big deal. This is my fifth year skiing, and it's been a long a road. My coaches love to remind me of how terrible I was when I first started! I mean they really have a good laugh at my expense (not that I care much, it was pretty funny). So to have come this far in what seems to me like a relatively short time, it's amazing. The reason why I'm rambling on about this is because I want to set another goal. Actually a couple of goals. What I learned is that if you...