Skip to main content

High jumping hurdles

Well I finally did it. That's right I finally beat Abbie in the 300 hurdles! But before I talk about hurdles, I must talk of my first event. High jump.

High jump was pretty typical. I was ignored by my coach KJ who would only show to watch Riley and Maddie jump. I once again only nearly made 4'4". I really need to work on bending my back more when I jump, at least I'm not sitting on the bar anymore. The highlight of high jump was meeting some nice people. I love meeting new people. There was one moment on my first jump when I nearly flew off the map. First you'll need to know that it was a really windy day today and that we had a head wind jumping. I came in at opening height of 4' and just sail over the bar.  Now I have two theories about how what happened next happened. 1. A huge gust of wind lifted me or 2. That was one powerful jump.So what had happened was I jumped and flew through the air. I landed on the far side of the mat and flipped off the edge, like when the guys jump. It was so funny, I just popped up with my arms in the air and said "Made it!".

Okay so hurdles. Not much to tell about it. Let's see....Abbie and I were in the fast heat, lanes 6 and 1 respectively (not the best lanes). The first hundred we had a huge head wind, and I swear I was hunched halfway over! It was brutal and I was certain I'd get last. Instead on the curve I started passing people and on the last hundred I continued to gain ground!! In the last few yards I had a last burst of energy and passed Abbie and one other girl. I think eating an entire bag of fruit snacks right before my race  helped.

Besides that I didn't really do much besides hang out with friends and some new people I met.

Oh, we started reading Macbeth in English!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

blame it on the warm weather

So on Thursday my friend Holly brought her project for art to ski practise (its a paer mache barbie) and put it by one of the walls because even though seasons just about over we're still decorating the girls side..So yesterday(which was fri) Im 30 min. late for practice (moms) and everyone else is out skiing and i walk into the room and the barbie's moved and scared the sh!t out of me. By the time I get back people are already coming back to the stadium to do sprints so I go do a quick warm up and stuff. I come back and everyone is in spandex and t-shirts. Well the spandex isnt surprising we girls do that all the time but the t shirts wow. I would've taken my jacket off but I ski in  t-shirt so I kept it on.  We splitt in to two teams and start. For those who dontt know what a sprint realy is it's basically a 100-200 yard dash in relay form on skis. It was really fun and one of the times we were in the lead Jirka (j=y) did this weird jumping thing where he just like...

UB Saturday

Today there was Upward Bound. We had TRiO day, which means that we visited BSU and took some sessions about college or preparing for college or careers, and partook in a college fair. This is how my day started. I woke up at 7:30  because Jake texted me good morning. The bus leaves the college at 8, I leave two miles away, my mom's at work and I'm still in my clothes from the day before with messy hair and craving a shower. 5 minutes later Jake is at my door. How'd I get ready in less than 5 minutes? I changed shirts, tossed a hoody over it, put my hair in a bun, and brushed my teeth at I found socks and packed  I wound up leaving a bunch of stuff at home, but I had my ipod which is all that really mattered. Bailey was there and so we sat together. She got to meet Colton and he complimented her on being chesty. I told him that I was the only one allowed to compliment her chest and Tim reprimanded him. Kinda. The guest speaker was funny and I liked the way he tie...

JNQ at Mt. Itasca

Yes, I did another JNQ race, and this time it was at home. The day before the race I had a high school one. It was our first (and only) pursuit of the season and man was it a sad one. Most of the time either couldn't make it or was sick. Maggie showed up and wound up just going home. The two of us went out to do a warm up/see the course ski and after the first hill she was dying. That weekend she had an uber high fever and was just sick. I went and did the first race and just had to puke the entire time. Afterwards I did wind up puking a couple of times, and decided that I just shouldn't do the second race. Even though I was sick Friday I still decided to race on Saturday.I did the women's 5k and think I did decently. It was a tough course, well mostly it was just a tough beginning. This is what we did; the right horseshoe into the swamp loop, up the switch back climbed all the way up the way, did a loop up top, went down part of bunny hill connected to the service road,...