Skip to main content

TRACK HAS BEGUN!!

So track started at the beginning of March, and it's been really boring. I mean really boring. Due to the fact that we have all this snow and it just keeps coming, we've been inside for the entire season. Not even kidding, we've only had a couple of outdoor practices and that's only been when we have those few nice days.

Okay, I'm going to go off on a tangent right now and discuss the weather because it is pissing me off. First off all the weather is so crazy. One day school is cancelled because of a snow storm, the next day it's raining like crazy and the next day everyone is in shorts. That's what the weather has been like for the past couple of weeks, not necessarily in that order. It is so annoying. It even snowed a couple of inches last night!! Ugh.

Anyways, back to track. Not only has the weather been terrible, and not only have we been stuck inside, but the workouts have been really easy. I'm not just saying that because the ski season really got me into shape, but they're actually really easy. Two years ago we were doing really hard practices right off the bat, one year ago we were doing hard workouts but not as hard. This year, nothing. I just want to curl up into a ball and cry because of how easy it is. I love hard, sweat like crazy, muscle fatigue, you're going to sleep hard tonight workouts.

I'm pretty sure KJ (coach) is getting sick of hearing me complain about it being too easy and that's why he's letting me do some harder workouts. Like today I'm going to do 4 800s with 6 hurdles spaced throughout the the track. This way I can work on distance while also forcing my body to get used to having to go over obstacles. It'll hopefully help me be a better 300 hurdler.

Also best news ever!! We had one outdoors meet this year, it was last Thursday down in the cities. I did high jump, 100 hurdles, 300 hurdles and lastly the 2 mile. Now I'm sprinter in the spring and have only done one distance run this year (a two hour run out to blackberry), so the two mile was...interesting. The only reason I did it is because there are only 4 (now 3) events that I haven't done yet in track and the two mile was one of them.

Well I failed at high jump. I really suck at it and don't know why KJ keeps putting me in it when all I do is eat bar. Next was 100 hurdles which was really fun. The timing was spazzing out, so they had to restart the computers and we wound up having to wait around for a long time. Us hurdlers became best friends during that time and it turns out that all of us are going into the medical field (except one girl who will be a lawyer) and so we're all going to start our own clinic and call it Hurdlers. I came in second in my heat and third overall. Then in 300 hurdles I came in FIRST! I've never won a varsity even before in my life, and I was so excited!! Lastly the 2 mile. I umm....well I came in second! Hahaha

Over all the track meet was a lot of fun and we didn't get home until after 2am. 

Okay, well I've got to go practice, so see ya!!

Thank you for reading :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

blame it on the warm weather

So on Thursday my friend Holly brought her project for art to ski practise (its a paer mache barbie) and put it by one of the walls because even though seasons just about over we're still decorating the girls side..So yesterday(which was fri) Im 30 min. late for practice (moms) and everyone else is out skiing and i walk into the room and the barbie's moved and scared the sh!t out of me. By the time I get back people are already coming back to the stadium to do sprints so I go do a quick warm up and stuff. I come back and everyone is in spandex and t-shirts. Well the spandex isnt surprising we girls do that all the time but the t shirts wow. I would've taken my jacket off but I ski in  t-shirt so I kept it on.  We splitt in to two teams and start. For those who dontt know what a sprint realy is it's basically a 100-200 yard dash in relay form on skis. It was really fun and one of the times we were in the lead Jirka (j=y) did this weird jumping thing where he just like...

UB Saturday

Today there was Upward Bound. We had TRiO day, which means that we visited BSU and took some sessions about college or preparing for college or careers, and partook in a college fair. This is how my day started. I woke up at 7:30  because Jake texted me good morning. The bus leaves the college at 8, I leave two miles away, my mom's at work and I'm still in my clothes from the day before with messy hair and craving a shower. 5 minutes later Jake is at my door. How'd I get ready in less than 5 minutes? I changed shirts, tossed a hoody over it, put my hair in a bun, and brushed my teeth at I found socks and packed  I wound up leaving a bunch of stuff at home, but I had my ipod which is all that really mattered. Bailey was there and so we sat together. She got to meet Colton and he complimented her on being chesty. I told him that I was the only one allowed to compliment her chest and Tim reprimanded him. Kinda. The guest speaker was funny and I liked the way he tie...

Fun?

I was invited to go to a party. By a senior. BOO-YA!! So Jake and I went. We all mat at the basketball game Side note: We won, after going into overtime and almost a second overtime! The boys  are now going on to either section finals or section quarters.  Then we all went bowling, which hurt my ankle, so that now this morning it's all in a fit. We bowled until 11pm and then went back to Sidney's house were Spencer asked Marly to prom! Aww. There was a huge banner and everything! Once things called down everyone  headed in for food, well Jake, Kali and I already had. Hehehee. How does Cathy manage to make everything taste so good? We played Dance Dance Revolution 4, messed with each other and ate food. Jake and I should never play Dance Dance. We're not the best and look awkward. The entire time I missed my "group", my close friends, the one's who know me, who I actually hang out with. I normally don't hang out with the people who were there, some of them ...