Skip to main content

Weather and eating disorders!

It's cold out and I have an eating disorder!

The weather has finally gotten cold! I guess technically it's been cold, but it's been a warm cold. Last year was horrendous  it was so warm! It forever to get enough snow to ski and that's with Mt. Itasca making snow, then since no one else really had much snow we had other teams traveling to us to ski, and hosted all but three meets. This year is better, still warm but at least we get to travel. What's strange though, is that we went from heat to -20 not including windchill in a weekend.  We haven't skied since the meet on Saturday, and today is Wednesday. Instead Monday and Tuesday we had strength, though i wasn't there either day because on Monday I was still puking and on Tuesday I had an appointment with Jeff Temple about my wrist. I told me that it wasn't broken just something with my growth plate, which also showed up on the x-ray of my other wrist we had it examined this summer. What's going on here? I didn't remember it until after I left, so I guess we'll never know. Then there's also a fluid build up, some bruising of the bone and still the tendinitis  Well I'm starting Orthopedic Therapy soon and that'll fix that. Anyways, i diverge, but then again this is my blog. I can diverge all I want! But I'm just going to get back on track anyways... But so ya, the weather. It's been cold. Practice! That's what I was talking about. Then on Wednesday we just waxed our classic skis (first pursuit meet of the season Friday  and did yoga. We do yoga every Wednesday after practice and every Monday and Wednesday morning we have an extra strength practice before school. Both are optional, but if you want to improve you should go. I don't go to yoga, but I go to strength. I would go to yoga, but too many of the stretches involve things that one cannot do with tendinitis and a wrist in a brace. The strength  workouts can be adapted, or I can just do something else entirely, so those are safe.

Me and my eating disorder. Every morning before school I meet my friends in the cafateria, so we can "help" each other with the homework that we "finished" like the "good" students we are, hang out, and gossip. So today I was late getting there because strength had run late, though it didn't matter because only Bee, Sara, and Cal were there. I walked into the lunch room, yelled to them that my wrist isn't broken, walked over threw my backpack on the table and skipped away saying "I have to get a spoon!"(the spoon was so I could my cereal that I bring to school so I can eat after strength) When I got back Sara and Bee looked sad and I asked them "Why do you guys look so depressed?". To which Bee replied with "We're just so glad you're eating" while sitting there looking all concerned and whatnot. They then went on to lecture me about how "I need to be eating more", and "that it's not healthy for me to be eating so little". I'm sitting there eating my knock-off Captain Crunch and thinking "What? Are you saying words?". They're sitting there talking to me like I'm anorexic! Last time I checked I didn't look like a walking skeleton (except my wrist, which Bay says looks like a malnourished African child), and I eat. When they finished lecturing me on the values of eating, I accused them of calling me anorexic. They started backtracking saying that no they weren't calling me anorexic, just saying that I'm not eating. Is it just me, or does that sound like the same thing? I calmly explained to them that I'm not eating lunch because I have no lunch money and no food that I can bring for lunch. They both know this too, I've had to explain why I'm not eating lunch almost everyday. I then went on to say that I eat home, and that most of the time when I eat, they aren't there. They continued on about my 'eating disorder', which somehow went from anorexia to bulimia. If I was going to develop an eating disorder don't you think I'd do it during a different sports season? You know, one that I don't care about as much. Or just wait until the summer when I rarely see them because of schedules? I'm really mad at them, even sent them pictures of me eating dinner. Sara replied with "Good job juli!", and Bee didn't. So I guess that I now have an eating disorder. -.-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

blame it on the warm weather

So on Thursday my friend Holly brought her project for art to ski practise (its a paer mache barbie) and put it by one of the walls because even though seasons just about over we're still decorating the girls side..So yesterday(which was fri) Im 30 min. late for practice (moms) and everyone else is out skiing and i walk into the room and the barbie's moved and scared the sh!t out of me. By the time I get back people are already coming back to the stadium to do sprints so I go do a quick warm up and stuff. I come back and everyone is in spandex and t-shirts. Well the spandex isnt surprising we girls do that all the time but the t shirts wow. I would've taken my jacket off but I ski in  t-shirt so I kept it on.  We splitt in to two teams and start. For those who dontt know what a sprint realy is it's basically a 100-200 yard dash in relay form on skis. It was really fun and one of the times we were in the lead Jirka (j=y) did this weird jumping thing where he just like...

UB Saturday

Today there was Upward Bound. We had TRiO day, which means that we visited BSU and took some sessions about college or preparing for college or careers, and partook in a college fair. This is how my day started. I woke up at 7:30  because Jake texted me good morning. The bus leaves the college at 8, I leave two miles away, my mom's at work and I'm still in my clothes from the day before with messy hair and craving a shower. 5 minutes later Jake is at my door. How'd I get ready in less than 5 minutes? I changed shirts, tossed a hoody over it, put my hair in a bun, and brushed my teeth at I found socks and packed  I wound up leaving a bunch of stuff at home, but I had my ipod which is all that really mattered. Bailey was there and so we sat together. She got to meet Colton and he complimented her on being chesty. I told him that I was the only one allowed to compliment her chest and Tim reprimanded him. Kinda. The guest speaker was funny and I liked the way he tie...

Tell me I can't

Two years ago I set an impossible goal, and while I didn't make it last year, I made it to state this year. I'm not exaggerating when I say no one thought I would ever come this far, but I set a goal and I worked hard for it. I know that to some, maybe even all, of you it doesn't seem like much. Here I am going on about making it to state and how hard it was and how rewarding it has been, when the Olympics are going on. I'm actually watching the men's slalom as I write this! But to me this is a big deal. This is my fifth year skiing, and it's been a long a road. My coaches love to remind me of how terrible I was when I first started! I mean they really have a good laugh at my expense (not that I care much, it was pretty funny). So to have come this far in what seems to me like a relatively short time, it's amazing. The reason why I'm rambling on about this is because I want to set another goal. Actually a couple of goals. What I learned is that if you...