Skip to main content

It's Been Two Years...

Okay, it hasn't actually been two years. not for about two weeks that is. Well I'll try to catch you up on this, or at least tell you about what's going  on now.

I've reconnected with my uncle. I don't know if i can call him my uncle, I mean, is he? By blood he is, but as a baby he was adopted out, and I met him twice. Once, in the second grade when he met the family, and again just this year when we meet. I think that maybe he's less of an uncle and more of a friend, a confidant, a mentor. I trust him and his opinion  and i regret that we never got the chance to truly connect before he moved to Texas a couple of months ago. We both have skype, and we text which is enough for now. He's promised to take me to the Carribeans when I graduate, I don't know if I'll have the money by then, but its something to look forwards to. I'm glad that I did get to see him once this year though. Once again I competed at the Roy Graik Cross Country Running meet in Minneapolis, and the fates would have it that Jeremy (my uncle) lived nearby to where the meet was. So we met up at the meet and talked. He got to see me race, and then see me dieing (I'll tell you why later) after the meet. I didn't get to see him long, but for what time I did it was worth it. The reason that I was dieing was because of my scoliosis my hip was out of place and running hurt. I spent most of the season in pain, but still ran. I actually popped it back in rolling down a hill. Completely by accident, but I'm not complaining.

I'm in a program called Upward Bound. It's a college preparation program and i love it. I've been in it for a little over a year now. The first six weeks of the summer we stay at ICC (Itasca Community College) and have additional schooling, while also visiting colleges, college workshops and learning about how to prepare ourselves for not just picking and applying for colleges but also for what to expect in college. It's a really good program. Then we also meet once a month during the school year as a group. Where everyone gets together and we do more college prep, and learn something cultural and/or about the arts. My favorite thing that we've done is when we went to see the Phantom of the Opera at the Rief center. It was unbelievable. I'm really glad to have been able to partake in that. It was just breath taking. I also LOVE the summer program. Yes it is more schooling and yes you have to pass the classes and get homework, but you get to stay at the college, in the dorms. No parents, just the RAs. It's quite an experience  one that I am looking forwards to in these cold winter  months. The only thing I don't like about the summer program is that I can't do ski training, because we have class at that time and are only home on the weekends. 

I've had some boy trouble... It wasn't intentional, it just kinda happened. Let's start in the begining with Tim. 
Oh Tim, where do I begin? I guess I can just start with when I first met him. I first met Tim in November of 2011 at my first Upward Bound meeting. Tim is this strange, funny guy and the first time I met him he was attempting to give me one of his awkward hugs. Well actually he didn't want to, someone else convinced him to because Tim does it to all the new people, but apparently didn't want to give one to me. Sometime after that Tim friended me on Facebook. and we started talking in chat. Then we exchanged cell phone numbers. So Tim and I started texting. You know getting to know each other. I really loved getting to know him, he's a really good guy, a great friend. But that's it, I've never felt anything more than a brotherly affection towards him. Apparently he didn't share those feelings and me being freaking blind to any of these types of things didn't notice. Spring time rolled around, and Tim asked me to go to the movies. He meant as a date, I thought he meant as friends. The way he phrased it! He asked me if I had seen some popular movie that was playing, and I said no. He freaked out and said I had to go see it, so I said sure when? And we set a day to go. See? Nothing datey about it. But that's not the worst part. It turns out that there was a middle school track meet that day. A girls middle school track meet, which means that the girls varsity team had to go to  it and run the events. So I texted Tim and told him and said that there was a meet and I wouldn't be able to make it. He (in my opinion) spazzed out! He was saying that I should've just told him that i didn't like him and that I didn't need to make up a meet just so that I wouldn't have to go on the date, and it was just terrible. Later we had a long talk about feelings. It was terrible. He told me he was fine, and that we could still be friends without it being awkward. Then along came the summer program. Me thinking that everything was fine between us treated him just like I'd treat any guy friend. Man was I wrong. After that first week I was texted by a very angry and I now know hurt and confused) Tim. It was so bad that I wound up crying in my closet. I was afraid of what would happen next week, would he still be this mad? I didn't know, for the rest of the summer I just tried to keep my distance. By the end of the summer program we had mostly patched things over, or so they seemed. In October I had people over for a movie night at my house, and invited Tim among other friends, including my boyfriend. Well multiple throughout the night he felt the need to bring up the fact that I broke his heart. He didn't stop there either. He brought it up again and again on other occasions  At one point he was over helping me with my Spanish, and he told me to dump Jake and date him. The final-I'm-going-to-kill-you-straw came when I commented on this photo on Facebook and it had both of us, Colton (you'll hear about him later), Colton, and Mitchell, and he said that I had broken his heart. Again. I just verbally assaulted him. We got into this ugly fight until Karlee (it was her photo) commented on the blow up on her picture. So we apologized and Tim says that he'll inbox "my lady" to which I replied with "Jacob's lady". Then we had this ugly hours long blow up over chat, and this time I was the pissed one. We resolved our issues. All of them, and there were a lot. We then bounded again over our common hatred of Colton. Now on to Colton.
The first week of Upward Bound, I had no idea who he was. The second week was when I met him. There was College for Kids going on and in the gym of the ICC there was some gymnastics stuff. Obviously that's where I spent most of my time. I set up a mat and took the better of the two little trampolines, and would do front flips, ariels, and whatever else I could think of. Colton watched me, and then as everyone else did until they either become bored, got hurt or became fed up because they couldn't do it and it, and he joined in. Pretty soon it was just the two of us. Yes. I wound up crushing on him. Why? I thought he was hot, and that it was amazing that he's also into flipping around and stuff. Plus he's not afraid to be different, which is something that I totally admire. Also I thought he was smart, i mean to be in Upward Bound you kinda have to be. I'm just going to make a long story short and say that we wound up dating. Or at least that's what I thought. I told you, I'm bad at seeing the signs. The weekend before we were to go on the big trip that we go on  at the end of every summer, he broke up with me saying he didn't want a relationship. This blindsided me because I thought everything was running nicely and because before we left for the weekend he was acting all sad and what not, because (and he said this) he wouldn't see me until the trip. Well I played the break up like it was no big deal, plus I was planning on changing his mind on the trip. Nope. I got on the bus and was going to sit with him, and see if I could change his  mind or at least talk to him and get an answer as to why. Ya, no. He was sitting with his ex-girlfriend Jenny. Mortified I dove into the first available seat, which happened to be with Jacob, who I hated. The trip was off to a wonderful start. The worst part? Colton and Jenny somehow wound up in the seat across from us (they were behind us) and spent the entire trip sucking face. It was awful. On the bright side, I stopped hating Jake. After the trip I texted Colton, apparently he was just using Jenny because guys are horny and have to do something about it. I called him a man-whore and that was that. I later found out (from Tim) that Colton was using me the entire time like he used Jenny during the trip, and that Tim knew the entire time and even told Colton not to. Knowing that I would get hurt, and now wanting me to. I wish he had said something, but oh well. What's done is done. Now, onto Jacob.
Jacob D. I hated him, He was annoying  and rude. He wouldn't stop stealing my and Elizabeth's stuff, and shooting us with Nerf darts. Once I got to know him I realized that he wasn't that bad of a guy and we became friends. We hung out a lot over the summer, and on Labor Day he asked me out. I said yes, and on February 3rd we will have been dating for six months. It was so cute, it took him the summer to ask me out, and another six weeks after that before he kissed me. I consider him my first boyfriend, because Colton the whore doesn't count in my mind.

I went to Yellowstone over Thanksgiving break. There's this big ski camp/gathering in West Yellowstone. I was able to go because of an anonymous donor decided to pay for me. I have no idea why, I didn't even know about the trip until I got an email form Tony (my ski coach) telling me that someone had done that. I wish I knew who. I owe them so much, this was a once in a lifetime opportunity and I learned a lot while I was there. It really was amazing. I skied a lot, asked so many questions, learned many things, and made many new friends. I also developed tendinitis .. I've still managed to crank out an okay ski season. I wish the season had turned out better. Well the season's not over yet. I'm hoping that I have a chance at state. I doubt it, but that's what I really want. I want it so bad. If not this year, I'll train hard over the summer and fall and work as hard as I can without for sure killing myself during the season. I really want to prove myself. Let people know that they haven't wasted their time in coaching me, their money in helping me. Also, I want to win, and be the best. I've spent my entire skiing career trying to catch up with the 'fast kids' on the team, and now that I'm there, I want to be the fastest in the state (which would then make me the fastest on the team(another thing I want)). After state, I don't know, maybe worlds, the Olympics, college skiing? Well I know that I want to ski in college. That's one of the largest factors that I'm basing where I'm going to college on. That and if they have the programs needed for me to become an astrophysicist.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

blame it on the warm weather

So on Thursday my friend Holly brought her project for art to ski practise (its a paer mache barbie) and put it by one of the walls because even though seasons just about over we're still decorating the girls side..So yesterday(which was fri) Im 30 min. late for practice (moms) and everyone else is out skiing and i walk into the room and the barbie's moved and scared the sh!t out of me. By the time I get back people are already coming back to the stadium to do sprints so I go do a quick warm up and stuff. I come back and everyone is in spandex and t-shirts. Well the spandex isnt surprising we girls do that all the time but the t shirts wow. I would've taken my jacket off but I ski in  t-shirt so I kept it on.  We splitt in to two teams and start. For those who dontt know what a sprint realy is it's basically a 100-200 yard dash in relay form on skis. It was really fun and one of the times we were in the lead Jirka (j=y) did this weird jumping thing where he just like...

UB Saturday

Today there was Upward Bound. We had TRiO day, which means that we visited BSU and took some sessions about college or preparing for college or careers, and partook in a college fair. This is how my day started. I woke up at 7:30  because Jake texted me good morning. The bus leaves the college at 8, I leave two miles away, my mom's at work and I'm still in my clothes from the day before with messy hair and craving a shower. 5 minutes later Jake is at my door. How'd I get ready in less than 5 minutes? I changed shirts, tossed a hoody over it, put my hair in a bun, and brushed my teeth at I found socks and packed  I wound up leaving a bunch of stuff at home, but I had my ipod which is all that really mattered. Bailey was there and so we sat together. She got to meet Colton and he complimented her on being chesty. I told him that I was the only one allowed to compliment her chest and Tim reprimanded him. Kinda. The guest speaker was funny and I liked the way he tie...

Tell me I can't

Two years ago I set an impossible goal, and while I didn't make it last year, I made it to state this year. I'm not exaggerating when I say no one thought I would ever come this far, but I set a goal and I worked hard for it. I know that to some, maybe even all, of you it doesn't seem like much. Here I am going on about making it to state and how hard it was and how rewarding it has been, when the Olympics are going on. I'm actually watching the men's slalom as I write this! But to me this is a big deal. This is my fifth year skiing, and it's been a long a road. My coaches love to remind me of how terrible I was when I first started! I mean they really have a good laugh at my expense (not that I care much, it was pretty funny). So to have come this far in what seems to me like a relatively short time, it's amazing. The reason why I'm rambling on about this is because I want to set another goal. Actually a couple of goals. What I learned is that if you...