Skip to main content

blame it on the warm weather

So on Thursday my friend Holly brought her project for art to ski practise (its a paer mache barbie) and put it by one of the walls because even though seasons just about over we're still decorating the girls side..So yesterday(which was fri) Im 30 min. late for practice (moms) and everyone else is out skiing and i walk into the room and the barbie's moved and scared the sh!t out of me.
By the time I get back people are already coming back to the stadium to do sprints so I go do a quick warm up and stuff. I come back and everyone is in spandex and t-shirts. Well the spandex isnt surprising we girls do that all the time but the t shirts wow. I would've taken my jacket off but I ski in  t-shirt so I kept it on. 
We splitt in to two teams and start. For those who dontt know what a sprint realy is it's basically a 100-200 yard dash in relay form on skis. It was really fun and one of the times we were in the lead Jirka (j=y) did this weird jumping thing where he just like jumped from ski to ski and up and down. After we're done with relays its a quick cool down ski with alot of messing around. We're going across the stadium and Vasick ( I don't know how to spell it) was on Curly's back and Curly skied pretty good considering he had a kid on his back, well until he fell. Me and Emma skied and held hands (which is hard to do when your holding poles or skiing though not as hard as hugging someone no skis) then Jirka and someone else skied into a snowbank and flipped so they landed on their backs. Also we were pretending to trip savanna because she had tripped people during the relays.
Now we 're all taking off our skis and putting them away when Jirka steals Savanna's skiis and throws them in a snowbank. Thats not even the funny part yet.
So most of the teams inside except me a few girls, and some of the guys, when Jirka starts throwing snowballs at us than all the guys (that were outside) joined in. So we go inside thinking we're safe, and we're all in various stages of changing when they start throwing snowballs at. Inside the clubhouse. Being hit with snowballs when your not wearing pants isnt fun. It was funny though. We followed the footsteps of our ancestors. And declared war. The whole place was wet by the time we were done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UB Saturday

Today there was Upward Bound. We had TRiO day, which means that we visited BSU and took some sessions about college or preparing for college or careers, and partook in a college fair. This is how my day started. I woke up at 7:30  because Jake texted me good morning. The bus leaves the college at 8, I leave two miles away, my mom's at work and I'm still in my clothes from the day before with messy hair and craving a shower. 5 minutes later Jake is at my door. How'd I get ready in less than 5 minutes? I changed shirts, tossed a hoody over it, put my hair in a bun, and brushed my teeth at I found socks and packed  I wound up leaving a bunch of stuff at home, but I had my ipod which is all that really mattered. Bailey was there and so we sat together. She got to meet Colton and he complimented her on being chesty. I told him that I was the only one allowed to compliment her chest and Tim reprimanded him. Kinda. The guest speaker was funny and I liked the way he tie...

Does 2 hours count as an OD run?

Well if it does then I just did my first OD run. Btw, OD stands for Over Distance. I ran a total of 15.6 miles in 2hours 1minute and 8seconds. burned 1,467 calories, and managed not to hurt myself. Here's how it went: I started out from my house and ran along the lake to the fair grounds where I could enter the Mesabi Trail. Then I just ran along the trail for awhile in the cold, while it snowed, and was really windy. Then I decided I'd run along this branching of trail and  go to Deer River, it's only an additional 22miles I quickly lost the trail when it came out on a road and just turned around. From there I waved hi to a fisherman and his family and resumed running on the Mesabi Trail. Then I decided to follow another branch off to Gunn Park and from there run to my friend Max's. I was almost there when I realized  I was still only an hour in. So I did what anyone would do... I started running along random trails through the woods. I did come along a collapsed...