Skip to main content

I'm back baby!

Okay, so it's been a couple of months since I was last around and blogging stuff about stuff that happens. I apologize, stuff's been busy and hectic and I just haven't had time. But I'm here now, so enjoy lol.

I'll make this post quick, and add others later that farther let you know what's been going on. I know!! This one will just be a quick over view of everything, and then I'll explain some of them better, or maybe I won't. We'll see I suppose!

Track: Ah, the end of the track season was a mighty one! Ugh, there was this one track meet that was absolutely horrendous. The meet itself was fun, but it's what happened at the end that colored the meet in shades of black. The meet was a close one for girls' teams. It was us versus another team (I've long since forgotten), and it all came down to the 4x400 (not really, there were still other events waiting to be scored). The two teams went a little crazy....We both had giant flags, and before the start of the race there was a giant cheer off. You know, stuff like "WE GOT SPIRIT, YES WE DO! WE GOT SPIRIT, HOW BOUT YOU?" or "LET'S GO RAPIDS! *clap pattern*" repeat three times, just fun little things like that. Then it grew bigger. Instead of cheers, it became height. What I mean is that we had our flag high in the air, so they had to get their's higher. They got a kid on someone's shoulders to hold the flag. So we got the two tallest kids on top of each other to hold the flag. So they got tall kids up. Well of course we had to one up them, and got one kid on top of another, on top of another. A three person shoulder ride thing. Yeah, we won that. Next it became a pyramid war. You should have seen it when the race started. There were kids running, and flags flying. Loud cheers, and louder boos.The boys' race didn't involve as much cheering, but was just as good. What made me mad though and ruined the meet, was the awards "ceremony". What had happened was that we were all waiting for them to happen, and it was taking a while to get all the scores done and what not. Not sure why, it was taking so long, but that's besides the point. We'd all been sitting on the track talking to each other for a good 30 minutes or more when one of the guy's coaches came out and calls his team around. Then guess what he does! HE TELLS THEM THEY WON!! Doesn't wait, doesn't tell who else placed, doesn't even do it quietly. He announces it loudly. Then he tells his team to go do a victory lap!! They hadn't even announced the other teams yet!! GRRRR, anger. That wasn't cool dude, and it totally pissed everyone off. All the guys' teams just left after that and then there were girls. We waited around for awhile, and guess what happened. THE WINNING GIRLS TEAM ANNOUNCED TO HIS TEAM THAT THEY'D WON!!! Guess how he did it. Go ahead and guess. Yeah, he stuck his head out the door and held up his finger. That's even worse than the guys team. A handful of seconds later they started announcing who'd placed what. Couldn't have waited a couple seconds more?? Angry.
The next big track related thing was sections. This one will be a bit shorter than the last one. Section Prelims had to fall on the one hot day of the season. All year it's been cold and then suddenly it was hot out. Heat stroke weather. On the plus side I ran the 300 hurdles and somehow placed first in my heat. Like by a lot, it was unbelievable. Though the best part was that I PR'd with a time of 50.33, and made friends with some other girls in my heat. Sections Finals was absolutely different. Instead of heat and sunshine, it was cold and raining, It started raining during the girls 4x800 and got so bad that there wound up being a 4 hour delay. That wasn't the only one. There were many more to come. So the meet was mostly a couple hundred people sleeping in gyms and hallways. I was happy with my placement of 6th place overall, even though I really wanted state, I did well. We sent a couple people to state, including the girls' 4x800 team which has gone like every year for like the past 8 years.

UB: Upward Bound was okay. I don't know, I didn't really talk to anyone or hang out or anything. I don't feel a part of the group. So I spent most of my time either doing work or...doing work. So much work. So very very much work. Way to much work. We seniors we dying under all that work. On that last night before it was all due, there was stress a flying.

Chicago: For UB we went to Chicago this year and it was awesome. I slept like the entire bus ride there, the only time I really every awoke was to tour Eau Claire Wisconsin. Good school, great food. I'll tell you more about it later though. Chicago and all.

Ski training: This year I continued to go to ski training during Upward Bound and am so glad for that. I'm really excited because when we did the hill test I ran a 1:58. I'm the second girl in the history of our training group to go under two minutes!! I'm uber excited about that because it means I've definitely gotten stronger. That was on my last hill too!! it was awesome. Ski training has been really fun, and I love getting to hang out with the team. Even though we are out there dying under the heat of the sun, I love it. I love the team and I love the pain.

Job: So I was an intern at Alan's Physical Therapy for the first part of the summer. He had just opened it up, so I've been with him since the beginning literally. I've learned a lot, about opening your own business, running it, being a physical therapist, and many other things. I guess I'm good at my job because he hired me. Yup, that's right I now work there. So now I work seven days a week. Monday through Friday at Alan's, and weekends at Reed's.

Okay, well I'm gonna go. Got work to do and meetings to go to. Next time I'll have to tell you about Chicago, Benat and some other things.

Thanks for reading!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

blame it on the warm weather

So on Thursday my friend Holly brought her project for art to ski practise (its a paer mache barbie) and put it by one of the walls because even though seasons just about over we're still decorating the girls side..So yesterday(which was fri) Im 30 min. late for practice (moms) and everyone else is out skiing and i walk into the room and the barbie's moved and scared the sh!t out of me. By the time I get back people are already coming back to the stadium to do sprints so I go do a quick warm up and stuff. I come back and everyone is in spandex and t-shirts. Well the spandex isnt surprising we girls do that all the time but the t shirts wow. I would've taken my jacket off but I ski in  t-shirt so I kept it on.  We splitt in to two teams and start. For those who dontt know what a sprint realy is it's basically a 100-200 yard dash in relay form on skis. It was really fun and one of the times we were in the lead Jirka (j=y) did this weird jumping thing where he just like...

UB Saturday

Today there was Upward Bound. We had TRiO day, which means that we visited BSU and took some sessions about college or preparing for college or careers, and partook in a college fair. This is how my day started. I woke up at 7:30  because Jake texted me good morning. The bus leaves the college at 8, I leave two miles away, my mom's at work and I'm still in my clothes from the day before with messy hair and craving a shower. 5 minutes later Jake is at my door. How'd I get ready in less than 5 minutes? I changed shirts, tossed a hoody over it, put my hair in a bun, and brushed my teeth at I found socks and packed  I wound up leaving a bunch of stuff at home, but I had my ipod which is all that really mattered. Bailey was there and so we sat together. She got to meet Colton and he complimented her on being chesty. I told him that I was the only one allowed to compliment her chest and Tim reprimanded him. Kinda. The guest speaker was funny and I liked the way he tie...

Does 2 hours count as an OD run?

Well if it does then I just did my first OD run. Btw, OD stands for Over Distance. I ran a total of 15.6 miles in 2hours 1minute and 8seconds. burned 1,467 calories, and managed not to hurt myself. Here's how it went: I started out from my house and ran along the lake to the fair grounds where I could enter the Mesabi Trail. Then I just ran along the trail for awhile in the cold, while it snowed, and was really windy. Then I decided I'd run along this branching of trail and  go to Deer River, it's only an additional 22miles I quickly lost the trail when it came out on a road and just turned around. From there I waved hi to a fisherman and his family and resumed running on the Mesabi Trail. Then I decided to follow another branch off to Gunn Park and from there run to my friend Max's. I was almost there when I realized  I was still only an hour in. So I did what anyone would do... I started running along random trails through the woods. I did come along a collapsed...